• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Building a Better PC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gerry - Naw it's still got little Bro's ceramic paste on it. I just ordered my network and I didn't think of getting any Artic Silver ... maybe I'll remember when I order my 2200dpi mouse.

The old XP winderz wont boot up now ! It gets to the XP splash screen then recycles around repeatedly. I've tried the Last Known Good Boot and Command Prompt but it wont boot. Tried Safe Mode too ... nada!

Sledgehammer time ! I just had got through getting my important folders transfered to a portable HD but I still need to get a lot of programs off !!!!!
Like right now I need to convert an MOV from my camera to AVI.

Cool to see you post Bryan. I miss your humor and forum "tactics".
fence.gif

+1 on "Hi Bryan" Good to see you checking in once in a while..

I also want to say that Charlie has taken this forum to new levels and I really like that also. Good on you Charlie. (I still miss Bryans banter though)

Allen - Okay now you've wore that one out for today ...
Maybe that guy and DonT could get together and open a fast food joint.

Look at the links on that page and you'll find an Espresso PC too !

Well, ordered everything else today, should be assembling it completely next week sometime. I managed to save ~$50 by waiting for promo codes, etc. on Newegg and Tigerdirect.

The PS and card reader are installed in the case. I'm not terribly impressed with the 'fastenerless' installation in the 5.25" drive bays...I had to add two screws to retain the card reader so it didn't flop around in there.

Allen-

I think some of these guys are planning to send a cub into space.

OH,...OK. When I was a kid there was at TV show called 'Tom Corbitt Space Cadet'...'ya think his spirit is looking for a ride at this late date???
a_blink2.gif

Hey somebody's got to buy NASA' old equipment now that the Space race has been won by the REDS.

That's only a 10T box so it's not much more than a boat anchor ... but it looks good !

Remember the switchboard lady on "Laugh In", Earnestine ?

Gotta go sharpen some 50C blades ... dangit I gots ta gets derdee !!

Ken:
Just saw that boat anchor.. At least ya got a nice power supply...

Gerry - Yea it just hit me a while ago sitting on the carport that I need software to run that don't I ? ... or maybe it was Kathy that hit me 'cause she just said, that has to go !

I want to use it ! It's Ka ool !

First post from the new machine!!!
happy.gif

I don't have any pics of the build...I'll take one with the side panel off at some point. The UPS guy showed up at 7:45PM yesterday with the rest of the stuff, so I started assembly, and a friend convinced me to get to the point of turning it on and seeing if everything worked before I quit, so I did, but went to bed right after as I had to get up for work this morning. Windows 7 installed easily, and the homegroup thing is great for networking two W7 PCs. Ubuntu is next, after I get Windows functional enough.

Talked you into it ???
It only takes about 20 minutes to put everything together ... the OS install is the pain !

Glad ya got'er up and running.
How's the graphics and the CPU temp ?

Matt:
Good work! I just found the Win 7 Upgrade for Sandy's Vista based HP.. I may take the jump to 7 -I'll still have about 4 XP machines to fall back on..
Ken:
Any report on your networking??

Helped pull the dragster rearend out - 9" Ford type, new Goodyears, 800 HP,sticky track, hard bite on burnout...BANG. He still rolled through the traps at over 100 Mph..

Ken-

It took me longer because I had the motherboard in and out about 4 times...heat sink bracket couldn't be put on without removing the motherboard, and I had to take all the screws out and wiggle it a bit so the graphics card would seat properly. Took me awhile to wire it up, too...haven't done that in awhile, either.

Dunno about GPU temp, but CPU temp is about 35-40C at idle. From what I've read on the internet that seems about right. I haven't put a load on yet to see what it does under load. On Sunday I'll install Microsoft Flight Simulator X, turn the settings all the way up, and see what happens
happy.gif

Gerry-

Thanks!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back