• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
here is what I looked at for head lights
http://www.ledlights.com/products/p36buggyled.html
power is 600 mA max at 12 VDC
not much power draw and they are bright and are available in different patterns. Cool I think
later Don T
buttrock.gif

Matt S.-

I think you'll want a switch in there so the lights aren't drawing power while you're trying to start the tractor in the cold. Also, I'm not sure the starter/generator can keep up if the lights are used all the time.

Don DuLac
Cool I love my 100. I just need to take the clutch apart and resurface it. Flames
buttrock.gif

181336.jpg

MATT S. - I agree with MATT G. about adding a switch for your lights. I also would not run power from the V/R, if it's working leave it alone, has been my experience. Not sure on a model 71 but My model 72 & 129 had the wires for headlights already in the wire harness from the factory, look for pale "Purple" wire run up by the V/R. Hook up some sort of switch by the steering column, the pale purle wires should be insaide the steering console, and ALWAYS Fuse the power line to the switch as close to where You pull the power from. I'd suggest pulling power from the POS (+) battery terminal, but that's just Me.
My 72 has a relay for the starting circuit, plus I've added an amp gauge, lights, power circuit for the radio, even have an instrument light for the amp gauge, four rear tail lights, and a white/clear work light with a separate switch on the rear. You can NEVER have too much light when Your doing yard work at 2 AM.

DONALD T. - Let us all know how those LED lights work. On my other forum (RPM) several people have upgraded their FARMALLS from Halogen lights to HID's. Not cheap, but they say the intense blue glow looks neat in the field.

i am restoreing another of my many 71's,102's and 122's. right now i'm doing a 1965 122 with a creeper. and need some help. i would like to show this rig when finished and want to mount one of my snow blowers onto it.

i have a like brand new 36 inch wide and a very good cond. 42 inch wide here. the 36 was never used and just sat in a barn with the other machines when i found them. i think both are narrow frame but not sure yet.

which do you all think would be better to show and more correct? any help would be great.

Don T. Gonna be waiting to get a report on those new lights. Curious how well they do against the present sealed bulbs in most tractors. Willing to tell us the $$ for those lights??

My loader did some work today lol. more shots} in The Sand Box .. later Don t
181354.jpg

Trying to resurrect a project that I undertook many years ago. Some here might remember it. I put enough together today just to see if I have all the pieces and to try to remember what I was needing.
181356.jpg

181357.jpg

181358.jpg

Wyatt Compton
I think your on the right track with that project. Will be a fine tractor finished
Shift.gif

Wyatt I was in the vault a few times in the past month, seems like the project has been around at least since 03. How'd you come out with the parts count?

I am trying to figure out the hitch for my original.have a box of misc parts and linkage.does anyone have a picture of a cub with the hitch mounted?

OK not such a good cub day
bash.gif
.... it started off good, woke up and went got the 149 out. we went along nice, and i used it as a roller to smooth out the holes i filled in the yard (there were a lot!) after i was done i went for my daily cruse around the neighborhood, as i got back to the house my brother in law pulled in, we were headed to sight in our guns, he hadn't seen the 149 since i got it rebuilt, then i uttered every redneck's famous last words "hey watch this!" i proceeded to do some donuts and burnouts, for the finale i tried a willie which normally isn't much of a problem goes up 6 or 8 inches, but something hooked up real good this time tho it went about 3 foot in the air so i pulled the hydro to reverse when i did of course the front end slammed down and this happened........
blush.gif

181376.jpg

181377.jpg

181378.jpg

now granted i had this comming, i mean the groves in this axle were like two inches deep! hahah but seriously i went to take the axle of the 1100 ive ive got for parts and discovered someone welded in the axle pin! stangely it looks factory tho??? so as it sits right now ive got the old axle off awaiting a donar, ill have to wait for an oxygen tank refill tho.

you think thats funny just wait till you see my senior pictures!

Dave-
The bulk of the parts were aquired between '01 and '02. The grille, hood, and grille casting are off the first Cub Cadet that I bought in 1999. Right now I'm just trying to find the box of "IH" bolts that I had re-plated (wheel bolts, misc fasteners, battery hold-down bolts, etc). My hydraulic lift is in a box somewhere, and I had a headlight panel all completed and some decals that are now MIA. They're around somewhere, chances are they're stuffed in newspaper in a box still marked "kitchen" or something.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Well I'll be darned - Digger is still around! Haven't heard much from you lately. BTW, that carb you sent a couple weeks ago is working great. Thanks again.

Would some one please post a wiring diagram for an Original. also are some of these tractors Positive ground and some negetive ground systems? How does one tell. thanks

Latest posts

Back