• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell: When you do the belly blade you'd be doing our world a big favor if you started a new thread in the Sandbox with progression pics. It's been done:
181421.jpg

I could probably dig into the archives and find out who to credit this to - I've saved it for 4 years.
I dug. Kraig's got pics of Bob Necker's Original with a grader blade. The discussion was late October, 2005.

but then it would be contained to it's own little world, kind of like Don's 1512D. Picture this: Sicily, 1922. OOPS, sorry, too much Sophia on Golden Girls.
Picture this: Building a Belly Blade for a Cub Cadet: We start with a spare mule drive from a 149 and
1a_scratchhead.gif
dunno.gif

Charlie,
That's what I was thinkin'....
confused.gif

Good Cub Day today, Got the fenders sandblasted, and then sprayed with Eastwood's Oxi-Solv to attack the ingrained rust...
181432.jpg

Clean battery box....
181433.jpg

Here are the engine studs I mentioned a few days ago...

181434.jpg

181435.jpg

Touched up the steering column I went through a few years ago with TSC rattle can Cub Yellow.. The color is way off until it dries, then it is pretty close....
181436.jpg

Onward and upward....

Scott Tanner... The 149 has a 107 playmate now.... Keep them pictures coming,just keep at it. I know what your up to. And Frank !I do think its a good idea to post each idea Mod separate as no to slow up the site for dial up( you to),
noshare.gif
. I will post what i`am up to where it should be and I do hope this site all allows all new ideas (mods) to be posted and understood.Its all M&P really. Later Don T
old.gif

Should have a drive shaft in the am
buttrock.gif

Todd,

I like that knurled billet shift knob...
thumbsup.gif
Shift.gif

Brad R. I dont consider a needle valve+spring retainer and a float an 'assembly'. If you get a carb kit you will get a valve and usually a retainer spring, maybe an appropriate seat and washers, o-rings as appropriate. Floats are separate items. The tab slides onto the spring and assures the valve always pulls down. Sometimes can be awkard to fit them together, but if you pulled the pivot pin from the float its usually a lot easier to reassemble. Any engine I've worked on in recent years has that tiny pull spring...so dont lose it !!! <font size="-2">(50 cents to buy one...$5 to ship it!</font>

Latest posts

Back