• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
Oh hell with it...

Ray -

I can understand why you wouldn't want to operate a slant grille when lights are required - wouldn't wanna have to fix it in the dark!
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">although without lights and in the dark they prolly look better... how's that go? stir, stir, stir...</font>

Big Bean, that's OK I can take it, dis away..... or was it dat away...... :eek:p

Kraig - I think We ought to get a campaign going to get Bryan a 72 or 73 to restore. He REALLY needs to add one to His collection.

Did someone say...
21000.jpg

???

Denny -

Oh sure, HTH can I mow 2' grass with just a 7HP slant grille???

I got a couple I'll donate!! Well, I think they've been modified with the "flaming hacksaw"
lol.gif

This may be saying the quiet part out loud as a friend of mine says, but I'm still bustin' a gut at the thought of one of Bryan's headlights floppin' more than the other......
roflol.gif

I am considering an exhaust modification to quiet down my 149. Any advice? I would also like to know if a Walboro Carb is the best for a 14 Horse Kholer.
Thanks, Herb

Herb: I recently purchased a quiet muffler for my 149 it is part of the quiet kit for this model.
call Scott Madson he has them.

P.S. It quieted my 149 down approx 8 decibels

Cananyone tell me if there is a way to release the transmission on a 782D so it can safely be towed? I know where it is on most other models, but i am haveing a heck of a time finding it on this one. And I hate to waste my time looking for something that isn't there. I'm not that bored.

Nathanial, that lever only allows them to be safely rolled a short distance not towed! BTW, I think the 782 has self unloading valves allowing it to be rolled without the need to flip a lever. But I could be wrong.

Bryan, you need to go back and get that picture, it might not be as crowed this time. :eek:)

Kraig -

I'll wait until late fall - believe it or not, it's not done being polished. They're gonna tarp it in September to finish it.

Paul A. -

Doesn't the quiet muffler for the 1x8/1x9 series also require a new exhaust nipple? I know there's one in my NOS quiet kit...

Travis - We'd actually only need the grills.... Make such an attractive Conversation piece in His shop..... Few scorch marks would give it Character!

Bryan...
Is that a chrome *Bean* ?
Where is that significant?
I have to pay more attention...
Mike

Travis- I haven't gotten an Email from 'ya, man- didj'a get something in the mail from me yet?

Big bean... yep... that's a big bean alright...

Steve B- 'Wicked' is a very appropriate word for it.

Hey Everybody- i'm in Alexandria, VA again (more trains to teach). Any Cubbers out in this area? I'll be here tonight and tomorrow night, home for Saturday, back here Sunday, and through next week...

DK :)

Well Gentlemen I got my Hypertherm Power Max 1000 plasma cutter. Thanks to all the responses, it helped me to decide on the one I wanted. I could have gotten the 600 and it would have done every thing I probably needed but the 1000 wasn't that much more and it will Sever to 1 1/4 inch, and I want this to be the last one I buy.

21002.jpg

Some questions for the experts, I got it set up today and made a couple of quick cuts on some 1/4 inch mild steel.

1. It appears that the slower you go the rougher the cut?

2. With the air set to the recommended 75 psi and running about 50 amps current there was a lot of slag on the bottom of the cut. Is that normal or do I need more or less current, air, or does the speed of the pass effect it?

21003.jpg

3. What do you use for templates for repetitive cuts? Would a rubber mat work?

I was surprised how hot the metal was after cutting it, somehow I was under the impression that the metal didn't get hot when cut with a plasma cutter, but I sure wouldn't want to pick it up after cutting it.

Rich C.,
we had a 750 Hypertherm where I worked at last and if I remember right, we always left it at the maximum setting and just went faster on the thinner metal. It has been a few years so I do not remember what we had the air set at.

It is nice to finally be able to read this forum from home rather than work. After fighting with Gateway for the past week, my new modum is up and running.

Matt-
I just looked in both the M18 Owner's Manual and the M18/M20 Service Manual and neither list a P.S.I. measurement of fuel pressure.

The only thing it does say in a "troubleshooting section" is to remove the fuel line to the inlet side of the fuel pump and check for fuel flow to the pump(i.e. clogged fuel line), and then to remove the fuel line going into the carburetor, crank over the engine and check for "fuel flow". Accoring to the manual, at that point if you don't have a steady flow of fuel the pump must be bad.

Personal experience for me has been that they'll pump fine when cold, but quit pumping as the engine warms up. I ended up replacing the (expensive) mechanical fuel pump on my 1872 with a cheaper NAPA version that's wired to a switch on the dash.

Makes for a neat "no-theft" feature in the 'hood as well...
wink.gif

Latest posts

Back