• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Art, my "73" is also a late version and I'll check it this weekend to see if it has that same square fuel tank. I think it does.

Mike

poof.gif

On plasma cutters---One of the other tasks you will enjoy is the job of gouging out of old or new welds with the cutter. With a helmet on you can watch the arc and control how deep it gets into the metal you are working with. Very nice for taking things apart. Also nice if you put that weld in the wrong place!!!!!

Hmmm, whaddya think guys? Off with the head???

<font size="-2">Finger itching on the POOF trigger...</font>

Charlie made me do it...
lol.gif

<font size="-2">Nothing like the smell of burning posts in the morning...</font>

Kraig -

Nothing much, just a "for trade" post. While not a "for sale/wanted" ad, the open forum ain't a swap meet, either
lol.gif

Steve B. I think you said once but tell me again why you didn't stay with the electric PTO on the Quietline engine. Was it so it would look original? I've often thought about putting a Quietline engine in a 109 I have but I would want the Quietline starter and the electric PTO if it would fit.

Richard,

#1.....I sold it
happy.gif
happy.gif

#2....I really want to use the S/G pulley & clutch drive hub (or a smaller one in it's place) to drive a "live" hyd. pump, but not sacrifice my ability to use PTO attachments.

#3.....1st plan for driving pump off of clutch drive hub (flywheel side) is starting to show it's drawbacks (space, looks, etc.)

#4.....I have most of the parts to do what I want without too much extra fab work (read "no time before PD to complete with other projects (stain the house) going too")

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Steve...go with the electric..remember all the trouble your 149 has given you? That HP just burns those manual versions up.

I like the flip of a switch to get things going...and you have 3 other tractors with PTO anyway...

Only potential problem could be the starter sticking out...but you could flip the engage handle to the other side like some of the early "art department" photos showed. Or maybe a "ramming speed" adjustable PTO rod with a bend to get around the starter.

IH plow addicts:
Is this a Little Genius, it's IH, but not sure of the model, NEVER have I seen a 5-bottom before (note the beam for the 5th bottom laying on top). Somewhere there's a WK-40 missing it's plow!
21021.jpg

21022.jpg

Needless to say that next time I head back here to Montana I'm going to have to bring a trailer!
21023.jpg

Did I mention its my Birthday today. Told the wife not to get me anything, that I would pick up something for the garage. Everything was going good except she drove up when the semi was parked in my drive way today. I really didn't like the look she gave me.

21025.jpg

Wyatt, here are 2- 5 bottom plows.
21027.jpg

21028.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on August 20, 2004)

Richard, you've been very nice to yourself lately! Can I come over and play? :eek:)

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on August 20, 2004)

Wyatt, I bet you meant a 5 bottom little Genius didn't you........

How can I mount a box blade to my 149? or would I be better off getting Dan's belly blade for smoothing the dirt road in front of my house?

Kraig - That is the one.

Richard - Happy Birthday! Glad to see you have some piles of stuff laying around...even if it is only a few tools.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back