• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnny - IH #40 box blade hooks up via sleeve hitch. I am sure that Kraig has a pic.

John, if you have the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> rear 3 point hitch on your 149 you could use a sleeve hitch box blade like the one from Agri-Fab. I don't think Dan has any of the belly blades available.

21030.jpg

Here's the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> #40 box blade.

21032.jpg

<font size="-2">Good luck finding one......</font>

John, I believe that thae #40 box blade that I posted is actually a reproduction one that Dan made.

John,
Good luck finding a "belly blade"! Had to find. The under mount blade would be best for grading, but the box scraper is the next best thing. You DO NOT need a sleeve hitch for the IH #40 box scraper, but you WILL need the 3pt. hitch.

(Message edited by thoffman on August 20, 2004)

Richard-
Happy Birthday! Is that a <font color="0000ff">MILLERMATIC 210</font>?? If so, I just got one this Spring. You're gonna love it!

Steve,

It’s not an 8/9 but it may help to answer your question. I have a QL engine in my 147 “hydro” with mechanical PTO.

21045.jpg

21046.jpg

In a stock configuration a NF rod and a WF rod would have to jump threw the same hoops (i.e. fit around the SG) so I don’t think you would have any problems.

Richard-Happy B-day to you! I just bought a welder too. I tell you what,it's amazing the kind of stuff you can dream up with one of those at your disposal...
wink.gif

Anyone who is interested, Home Depot has marked down some of their Brinley stuff, discs and scraper boxes. My store near me had them for half price. For the price, they are great to have.

Steve- I just had a 12hp ring-gear in my 109, and had no problems making the starter/flywheel clear- it was a drop-in. I didn't, however, install the PTO control rod, but based on the pathway, I'd venture an educated guess that it won't clear... you'll need to rig it for electric clutch, or mebbie cable-operated...

Nice Birthday Gift, Richard! Whoever gave that to 'ya must REALLY love you... buy 'em a beer! :-}

I'll put that on my always-remember list- anytime a tractor-trailer is involved in delivery of a birthday present, it's GOTTA be good!

Art
Actually I got the Millermatic 251, I had a Century 175 and was never happy with the results so I wanted to be sure this one would do the job. Have some plans for some more Cat 0 3 point hithces.

Richard C.

As a fabricator I use a plazma cutter often. Dave is correct, I use a metal guide all the time--- 1" thick x 2" wide flat bar. the weight of the bar holds it in place when cutting. As far as the slag, you are moving to slow.

If you do have slag, get ahold of an old leaf spring and cut about 8" to 10" inches out of it.

The spring material is hard and works great for knocking off slag (keeps a sharp edge).

Dear Kraig McC:
Would you be so kind as to post the needle setting information for Kohler carbs. Specifically, I need the initial settings for the #30 carb on my K341. I went through all my stuff and all I have the info for is the Walbro carbs. This might be a good thing for the FAQ section - hint, hint.

Got the 1659 going again today, sans headlights. Put a good 44" deck on it and went and played for awhile. Although it still shakes somewhat, it is not nearly as bad as it was in its solid-mounted state. I was on it for about 40 minutes and could still feel my butt! And the hood hinge is still intact, too.

Thanks in advance.
Keith

Keith E.
It might be a good idea if you have not bought a kohler engine manual which I guess you have not! grin
Go here and download one for FREE!
http://www.kohlerengines.com/service_manuals.html
Oh yea, here's what your lookin for. Not That I agree with it, I always go 1 3/4 turns, seems to be closer for my stuff anyway.
21052.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on August 21, 2004)

I was just telling Digger that I'm suffering from a brain-fart. I was looking in the Cub manual for the carb settings and I should have been looking in the Kohler Engine manual. Oops! My bad. Anyway, thanks for the info. I've got to stop cocktailing in the afternoons...

I'm getting dain bramage.
Keith

Keith E. -

Yeah, you must've been drinking, cuz the carb settings ARE in the GSS-1465-1 service manual, section 2 (page 2-2 in my copy)
lol.gif

Heck, it's even on page 2-1 under specifications...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

I always go 1 3/4 turns, seems to be closer for my stuff<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

'Course, if you'd clean your carbs out completely, ya wouldn't have to give it extra gas!
roflol.gif

Latest posts

Back