• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and then the 3 year old woke up from his nap ...
wedgie.gif

<font color="0000ff">I've not heard so many questions since my niece and nephew learned how to talk.</font>

<font color="ff0000">Will the winch mount in the center of the plate on top of the bumper?</font> <font color="000000">Yes</font>
61882.jpg

<font color="ff0000">How thick is that plate, and is there reinforcing needed at the mount area?</font> <font color="000000">¼" See the triangular shapes left and right of center under the bumper between the 2"x2"x¼" vertical square tubing (frame mounts)?</font>
61883.jpg

<font color="ff0000">What about some kind of receiver mount and dual wiring so you can use it front or rear?</font> <font color="000000">I was going to do that but when I started to make it last Monday night everything went wrong so I glued pieces together as I went, and threw out my intentions</font> This is what I was going to imulate but he has added the solid axle to it which means the frame has been lengthened in front and it's on a Tacoma. I had no frame to work with and the reciever would have been sticking through the radiator... I may add a solid axle on the next tear down.
61884.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Looks good so far.</font> <font color="000000">Do you need to borrow one of my 4 eye surgeries?</font>

<font color="ff0000">Are you going to be able to remove the bed to paint the front of it?</font> <font color="000000">I don't build stuff to come apart ;)</font>

<font color="ff0000">I know the idea of this vehicle is to keep moving in a forward direction, but are you going to have any kind of back-up/work lights?</font> <font color="000000">Young Grasshopper wants to see next week's pics this week. This probably needs a pic inserted right about ... here!</font>
61885.jpg

<font color="ff0000">You've mentioned heavier springs a couple of times. Airbags?</font> <font color="000000">Is he calling me an airbag?? I've thought about it before but I may change out the springs to 63" CHEVY ½ ton springs , but my intention was to run it now and tear it down this winter or build a new frame from scratch and go all out with it.</font>

<font color="ff0000">If you mount a welder, compressor, full toolboxes, spare trail repair parts, hi-lift jack, and spare tire on the bed, how much will you have added to the weight of the truck?</font> <font color="000000">One Mama Cass</font>
beer2.gif

<font color="ff0000">You could be a one-stop trail repair service. Sorry for so many questions. Believe it or not, I took some out. It just looks like a neat project.</font> <font color="000000">Thank You Thank You</font> !! Nope cause I'm not able to do that stuff anymore ... this is just my version of therapy to keep from going
dizzy.gif
sitting on the
61886.gif
all the time.

61887.gif
Silverado 4x4 when I want to wheel in style and kick on the music!

61888.gif

Dang I forgot the 3 yr old ... Why waste good oil ? Leave it in the ground!

When I put the cherry picker back together I'll hook it on the bumper top hoop and swing it off the ground to check my welds
61891.gif

Earl - They may consider a bumper to be something that protects the back side of the tires. My bumper caps off the frame and is welded to the frame so as far as I'm concerened it's a BUMPER Around here log trucks run with nothing ... you ever run over an I-beam semi rear bumper on the interstate in a rain @ 70mph before? BTDT don't try it!

I do need to put on mud flaps though, those tires like to send gravel flying out like bullets!

I forgot a pic ...
and if the cheap 9500 pound electric winch can't cut the mustard here's a big ugly hydraulic winch that'll spread the mustard anywhere you want it ;)
61900.jpg

Ken, we got another thread for guns(bullets) <font size="-1">signed The Three Year Old)(thank you for leaving the 60 off)
whistling.gif
</font>

Yeah and I'm burnin it up ! FINALLY something I know about ;)
If Charlie's CRS doesn't catch me again ...

Ken,
Thanks for taking time. I seem to post in spurts, so I guess I store up a bunch of questions to ask all at once. Refer to the personal quote in my profile. I'm just trying to cure myself. I can hardly wait to start Kindergarten.
biggrin.gif

I see the braces now, and can barely make out the one on the passenger side in the second picture from your July 1 post. I'm only legally blind in one eye without my glasses. Maybe if you have a spare surgery laying around, I'll look into it. Gotta go finish a mantle I need to install on Thursday. Thanks for the preview of next week's installment.

Bruce - Dat's how I lurned whut I no taday frum azkin questuns win I wuz litle... ewe'll gro ott of et an thenk ewe no et awl beefour long ;)

373 miles since I put it back on the road , nothing's fell off yet altho ppl have been daring me to try out the front bumper ... they think I'm hittin the brakes their krazzzzy ! Front rotors are almost nill !

KENtucky, hey I like that quick release winch mount system!
roflol.gif

61921.jpg

Seriously, that Toyota is looking good! Excellent work.
thumbsup.gif

It works ! Dragging a big old cut rock up for a step into the barn.

62047.jpg

62048.jpg

Kraig - Jerry doesn't like my top hoop on the bumper. I don't love it myself but I need something to let me know where it's at when I go into parking lots so I don't run into ppl's cars. I told him I was thinking about hanging a cow bell in the hoop ... what ya think ... to much like Tinker Bell<sup>©</sup> ?

KENtucky, yep, too much like Tinker Bell, I think I'd leave the bell off.... How about ya loose the "hoop" and just back into the parking spots?
dunno.gif
clown.gif

Well somebody stopped in Saturday trying to talk me out of my Vega ... now if he'd had cash in hand I might have listened better ... naw I doubt it! I want a 4x4 4.3L Vega Wagon !!!
I bet this time next year I'll be driving one too ... if my freakin shoulder and back straighten out.
Gotta see doc Monday about my MRI's last Tuesday , if it doesn't look good for recovery (last night I'd say NO) I may empty the garage , sit on the couch and watch soaps til they haul me out with a sheet over my head!

You guys want to see the sickest crawler build I've ever seen check this out !
It's linked to page 11 , go back to page 1 and read it all ... this kid is awesome with his fab skills.
http://tinyurl.com/3dlozb

Ken, I had things to do this morning and you made me spend an hour checking out this guy's work! Truly amazing....I wish I could lay beads like that. And punch, and shear, and dimple, and burn like that.
buttrock.gif

Ken:
I know what you mean about bumper location. Kinda hard to see those little cars that easily slip under your bumper, especially when it sticks out 18" plus inches...

That is why I leave the plow mount on so I know when I am about to demolish a front end!
62381.jpg

Michael - Back in my day I still wasn't as steady as him 'cause I've had shaky hands since I was 16 ... to many pints and fifths when I was 15 I guess.
I have to admit that I truely admire a young guy with <strike>talent</strike> a gift like that. (I want to be like him when I grow up) With all the crap that young people are into now days it's truely comforting to see someone not throwing away their gift like my best friend from school and my little half brother. They were both good at drawing. My little bro won awards ... now he doesn't even hold a job over a year.

Frank - Buy some rubber for that beast you tight wad
biggrin.gif
... you can pass buying a cub for a month
biggrin.gif

I wanted to protect the roller Fairlead if I ever got it into rocks. Alot of those guys have their's right out in the open and at an angle that'll tear it all to shreds if they put it into a rock. A Hawse might have been better ... ?
Ever since I had that nervous breakdown when I was pumping out Pin Tools and trying to design that hydro bolt on foot pedal conversion and not sleeping or eating I've had trouble designing things. Seems I get nervous all over again and can't picture in my mind what I need to do. I hate my front bumper and I'll probably redo it this winter if I'm able.

Kraig - I forgot to reply to yer post didn't I ? My bad! I want to pull into a spot right up behind somebody's tailgate so nobody can see my fugly bumper!

Any one that young who can lay a bead like that defenatly has a gift. Outstanding work !

Ken, I have done alot of wheelin with just about any vehicle and that front bumper to me looks like it was designed from wheelin experiance. Looks good to me, mabey take the top little hoop off. Otherwise I like it.
thumbsup.gif

Bren

Brendan - I needed a "location indicator" so I grabed what I had. I had bent that up just to see what my bender would do making a 180° bend and how tight it would be (4.5° radius die). I didn't have anyother short pieces and I didn't want to cut another 21 footer up. I think the one under that hoop is out to far and I should have took the ends around the corners a little.

Allen -- She got me with a No Deposit, No Return deal
old.gif

Back