• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got her down there!
63325.jpg

Gotta get the brakes fixed! I'd get to one spot 3 times going up the hill and start rolling rocks out from under the front tires. Backing down the hill with wore out brakes and badly grooved front rotors aint no fun !!

KENtucky, how did you get Kathy out to that rock, I thought she didn't like water?
dunno.gif
Next time, try backing up the hill that way you can drive forward down the hill.
clown.gif

Low water
happy.gif

63336.jpg

Sometimes ppl cross the river through this section, see the tire marks ...
63337.jpg

Ran into a problem ...

I'm beat. It took me 2 hours to get that transfercase out !! Since I've been up all night in this muggy heat I'm headin' fer bed! Heat index of 111° and they say hotter today and even hotter tomorrow !!!!

That should have read 111° heat index YESTERDAY!

This guy built a bender that is NC controlled ... dial in the desired degree and push a button
baldguy.gif

Got my low gear set in the truck on the 16<sup>th</sup> I think it was. Tore up my shoulder again putting the transfer case up to the trans. Should be going this thursday to try it out for real ... there's just so much you can do on a flat driveway ;) ... but @3k rpm it doesn't lift the speedometer needle off zero !
76:1 reduction at the wheels
64153.gif

Ken, I suspect your wife would be very angry, as I think you would try to climb the first tall thing in your area. Like your house !!
bouncy.gif

64367.jpg

64368.jpg

64369.jpg

TOY POWER ;)
I stalled out my 9500 pound winch twice. Pictures just don't show the deep holes
sad.gif

Allright - wheres the damper you're supposed to throw over the line (Coat - tarp - blanket - your jeans) to keep it from whippin' if it breaks????
bottom.gif

Kendell - There's nobody here named "Allright"

oh yeah I did leave that out didn't I ... here it is ;)

64372.jpg

I was more worried about the winch/bumper pulling off the TOY than I was about the US Military Sherman Tank parachute strap breaking !! ... or the TOY pulling in two since it was chained to a tree at the rear.

Ken, your not suppose to try to cross Grand Canyon with that truck, even at the shallow end!
Suspect the word you should have used was not 'holes'but craters. That would explain why a 9000# winch had a problem. Looks like it could have been a neat challange as long as you didnt mess up your back again.

Ken, your the one with towing knowledge...so why did you tie the butt end of your TOY to a tree when you you were trying to pull yourself forward??
I dont believe that is the normal way to 'stretch' a frame
whistling.gif

er Allen - you better look at those pics again ... I wasn't pulling myself out I was pullin a Jeep CJ6 up the hill (400') ... and it has an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scout Dana 44 under the rear
roflol.gif

Charlie told me the other night that I had to much time on my hands, so to prove him right here's a gear shift knob I'm making out of an old aluminum riser from some casting I did a year or so ago. Pretty tight grain to be scrap from aluminum casting ;)
The rest of the reason I'm making it will be divulged later
biggrin.gif

64495.jpg

64496.jpg

Trying to get up that hill with all the loose sand and dirt and rocks rolling out from under the tires is a PAIN when you get to a step rock or the truck gets on three wheels, which seems to be what TOY's do best. So when you have to back off a little then try it again it's not easy unless you have an automatic or three feet to work the pedals so ...

With the before pictured gear shift knob and a real limber MTD snowblower chute control cable I made a thumb throttle control.

Toyota left an extra cable mount on the air intake and an extra cable cam wheel on the butterfly but they made it for a "push" cable.
I cut it off and flipped it over and welded it back on so now it's a "pull" cam.

I need to re-work the trigger to lighten it up but this was my prototype to see if my twisted mind was thinking right or not ;)

I'll throw the pics in, you figure'em out
biggrin.gif

64527.jpg

64528.jpg

64529.jpg

64530.jpg

64531.jpg

Now I need one for my Silverado so I don't have to sit and slip the clutch at a trafic light on a hill...

So now you can hang both feet outa the side window when yer crusin' ???? YOU are the MASTER !!
64537.gif

I took it down the road and back using the thumb trigger instead of the pedal ... it works!

Kendell - Com'on down and we'll head fer da river, you can chase the truck down the hill this time ;)

Latest posts

Back