• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken:
Those are the only tires with a load range "E". That thing weights almost 12,000. I am Maxed out on weight unless I go to duals. That front bumber alone weighs 500#. It is ovr 30 years old. Have had it on all my trucks since 1974. Nobody has dented it yet...knock on wood...including hundreds of trees that I have pushed over....neighbor down the street had a 15" pine tree he wanted out....I told him I would push it down...yeah he says...5 minutes later it was lying on the ground. The street light in front of my house leans a little...chained the truck to it to winch out some trees in the front yard once....kinda made it lean a bit! There is a 9000# winch stuck inside the bumper.

Due for a spring change....they are drooping. 12 in back and 3 in front. Back has 3 mains on each side...just cut the eyes off. Want to replace with 4 mains and 10 more under them. Now have 3 with 9 under. Have some 10 pack front springs that I may try. The plow makes it sag too much.

I push snow and never use 4x4 since it weight so much.

Sandblasted the tail light plates and painted them Friday before all my pains started ...
Off:
62426.jpg

Tail:
62427.jpg

Brake / Tail:
62428.jpg

Left Turn / Tail:
62429.jpg

Seems that Toyota had some extra bulbs laying around when they made their trucks because they used a bulb for every function. 3 functions , 3 bulbs ! I am only using 2 circuts getting the same results by using a resistor in the tail light wire to cut down the voltage, then the brake by-passes the resistor and over rides the tail light when the brake is applied.
There's a C-note of LEDs hanging there! I used marker lights for semi-trailers.
I tried to light up all 5 sets as the tail light then have only 3 sets light as a brake and 2 sets as a turn but even with blocking diodes to prevent feeding the unwanted sections it didn't work
sad.gif

When I was using the square LED lights that were on there I had a relay in the housing to blink the turn
buttrock.gif

Frank - I was wondering how much weight you were packing there. Is it safe to park that rig on hot pavement ? I've seen a few Harleys sink in the asphalt ;)
My Toy is sagging in the front too with all that on it. I was going to weigh the winch and bumper before I put it on but I forgot to. The A-frame bump stops are so close to hitting now that I can barely get one finger under them. I thought about cranking up the torsion bar but I've not tried it yet. I already know how much the winch weighs though, it says right on it 9500Lb
biggrin.gif

I might ought to go to bed since I have a doc appointment in 3hrs 53mins !! Up all night again ----------------------------------->

Kraig - How about if I hang those swinging kinetic balls in the hoop to help propel me down the road ?????????????
Shift.gif

Ken:
I understand the pain: I have an extremely badback. Pain is an everyday thing. When it lasts for years..you get used to it. Started when I was 16. Have been living with it for way over 40 years....Recently picked up tractor weights that were too heavy and really messed it up. That was 5 weeks back,,,, Luckily, I can sleep....
I was moving a pair of Cub wieghts that weigh 175 each!

Hot pavement is a real problem. Leave big tracks in Oil & Chip roads in summer.

I have given serious thoght to getting rid if everything and just retiring.....

Being in business for myself, nmeans I am on the FROG plan...work till you croak! Still walk at least 5 miles a day and lots of time it is over roughterrain. That does not help the back either.

My daughter is going to give me a thorough going over when she visits in two weeks. She is the only Doctor that I have seen in 33 years. She is a Mayo Clinic Physician in Phoenix. Only one I can afford!
Good luck today with the visit.

Frank - Last year I too carried 2 Cub Tractor rear wheel weights , not been to pleasant since. It was either that or the car I picked the rear end off the ground last summer that was my final mistake... or just trying to get out of bed.

Well the MRI revealed that my right should has a dislocated muscle and joint, and the back pain I've had for 21 years 4 months 19 days is from a herniated disc ... that's all I need with a inherited degenerative spine too!
Seems they want to make me a couple of inches shorter ............. as in take out the disc. It's the second one up ... I think I'll just keep it. I may not walk good but at least I do walk, maybe with a walker or crutches or a walking stick sometimes but I'm not in a wheelchair yet !

Doc said he couldn't do anything for my shoulder.

Merry Christmas and to all a good night
happy.gif

Ken:
I can feel you pain...that is probably what is ailing me...I not fond of Doctors, even with the daughter being one....we have this dry joke...."Practicing Medicine".... and what to they call the lowest passing grade in Medical School...."DOCTOR"...
I inherited a lot from my dad also... I have learned over the years how to live with it and manage it....
I probably started the downward spiral at age 8 when I ruptured myself by carrying 2 4" building blocks at a time for my dad.

ust work till I drop....sleep it off and start over...

Alot of that goin around, I got 2 discs the surgeons said need to be removed but they refuse to as they say I am too young. I guess the life expectancy of replacement parts isn't very good. Tell me the only thing I can do at this point is learn to deal with it and keep changing meds. Isn't life grand
happy.gif

Bren

Ya know, years ago there were kits to fix worn ball joints in cars. Some sort of rubbery stiff that was injected into the fitting and it setup stiffly. Why cant some bright scientist invent a product that is chemicaly friendly, and can be injected near a bad disc to help everybody that got a bad back ! ? ? ?

Allen- They already have the disc fusion cement that can be injected. Sets up quick like Quik mix. Wirks on some people, depends on age, job,and naturally location of problem. Seems once they start on a back problem, never ending.
Sort of like a real bad smoking cc. Do you add MM or a rebuild?
old.gif

Brendan - "need to be removed but they refuse to as they say I am too young"

That means you're to young to be screwed up by them now, wait til you've had a few more years to "see the world" then they'll be glad to butcher on you and get that insurance money!

Allen - All ya need to do is get a needle and some JBfixabackWeld and do your own injections
biggrin.gif
available at your local Wally World in the Dit-It-Yourself-Surgery asile.

Frank - Growing up on 1100 acres I've been known to use myself as a boom truck or jack sometimes. I use to lift up the hay wagons so my papaw could check the wheel bearings ;) I've also (16yrs old) carried ready to run 250 Chevy 6 bangers and 300 pound anvils ... aw the good ol days!

Ken:
I know what you mean...I am sure jumping out of the hay loft instead of taking the stairs probably did not help either. I would stuff as many bales in as possible blocking the stairs and go out the barn door...12-14 feet jump. Did it for years.

Now I can't set in front of the puter very long...hard to draw maps after the field work is done, back and bi-focals spell sheer torture.

I jest sean this har mess I maid uf this;
"available at your local Wally World in the Dit-It-Yourself-Surgery asile."
Do-It-Yourself...

Frank - I think we both put about 20+ years on our body's growing up - my problem is my body's 20-30 years ahead of my mind... just can't quit wanting to be out doing something.

I stopped by the wood pressure treatment place today that I built back in the 90's , it's grown alot more but the owners sure liked my Toy. One of the owners is the one that has the Sharp 15x60" lathe. He thought I came over to buy it ... I told him the first time and again today that I wouldn't have any money until mid December. He said it'd be long gone by then. He doesn't need the money by no means so he could just let it sit or let me take it now... but he's to greedy.... and that's what we always called him "Greedy Grady" cause his name is Grady.

This is why I built my TOY.
Solitude !!
63197.jpg

I firgot to take a chair though ... had to hit the pain pills to go to sleep when I got home even though I had been up 24 hours. That rock is purtty BUT it's very hard!
Kathy agreed to go with me Wednesday or Thursday.

Allen - It'd be nice if it were true but ... since she can't swim and since she almost drowned once upside down in an inner tube ... she backs up to a shower! She has the cleanest butt and the dirtiest face ...
roflol.gif

Hard to take pics out the window while drivin ... I'm gonna try mounting the camcorder on the front bumper for the next trip.
My buddies '74 CJ5 and just before we left my house I seen it was leaking rear end grease through a rusted out hole in the left axle tube on the spring pad.

63201.jpg

All the bad rocks are above the step rock that you can see just behind the Jeep.
There's a Bronco sitting down there with a front automatic hub that wont lock in
63202.gif

Kraig - Kathy done already TOLD me I wasn't going to show off when I take her tomorrow ... I'm just going to stop in that one spot that makes the TOY teeter totter about 3 foot right front to left rear ;) It feels like it's going to flip !

Lyle
shame.gif

After 15 hours and a few distractions and a broke bolt and many screwed up Jap snap rings I finally got my 4.70 (2.28 original) gears in my transfer case and have it ready to go in... whenever I'm able to move any muscle or joint in my body that doesn't hurt! That was a lot of standing on concrete and leaning over a table and the mill taking care of the broke bolt. I HATE snap rings that don't have the little holes for snap ring pliers.
angry.gif

Well for the 4<sup>th</sup> time the brake lights have shorted out. I guess I'm going to have to put a piece of plexiglass behind them to insulate the wiring from the steel.

I may not be going to the river today , still need to change oil and fix the lights AGAIN and I was wanting to get the transfer case in before I took Kathy so I wouldn't have to gun it up the hill. That little 4 banger just hasn't got enough grunt to get up the hill without keeping the revs up. With the 4.7 gear set I'll cut the speed in have and double the torque. Actually it'll be .14 more than double the original ratio. That'll only come into play when it's in low range so it wont affect my road gear.

I may have found a ford 9" for it ... don't know yet what the gearing is, the TOY is 4.10.

Back