• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
Don -- when are you going to paint your scout to match the cub ? I'm suprised it looks that good that far north. My old hunting and fishing partner had a 79 Scout that he bought new and it looked ratty as hell all rusted out and the rear lift window / door hanging by one hinge that hadn't completely rusted out around the roof yet.

18931.jpg

What ya think ? Of course it'd look better if it was really painted.

Art -- I need one of those bad ! You want to come down here and till up my yard so I can get rid (or reseed) the ivy that's in my yard choking out the grass ??

that's what I get for watching tv when posting ... see if I can throw in a pic under edit ... ??

nope!

(Message edited by kweaver on May 19, 2004)

Charlie, Kraig, Whoever:
What is the story on the Kohler Killer Bee? It looks great.
David,
Just wondered. There was another David Burnham I knew from there.
Art,
It looks like you have the same RARE Lexan belt/pulley guard on your tiller that I have. It's tough keeping them that clean.

Guys,

I'm the one who had the lift lever stuck in "float" position on my 107 last week. I'm happy to report that when I hammered on the bottom of it, it popped back into place. I applied a liberal amount of WD40 down into the shaft. It's been finr since!

-- Ken

Got some needed seat time this week in between showers got 5 more gardens tilled ... but the important thing is { got more cub funds }

Bruce-
I've got the real belt-guard, but it's just easier to run without it in case dumps the belt. Most I've seen run that way anyway. Never could figure out how a guy could get caught up in that thing when he's sitting on the tractor... Must'a been for the lawyers.

KENtucky, that "Killer Bee" belonged to Tom Buckland.

BTW, I can't just cut those horns off, the wires are routed out the end of the tube then down to the lights.

Bruce, not much of a story on the "Killer Bee", it's just how Tom B. decided to paint it.

Don, very nice Scout! Nice job on the trailer too.

Ken F., good to hear you got the lift lever working without any major repairs.

John S., to see what KENtucky Ken looks like, check out his profile.

Hey guys,
Got a question on my 982. have a 50 inch deck and have noticed that one of the lift arms has been welded back together. the other day I noticed that my belt is rubbing the plate inbetween the lift arms on the front of deck. is this common, also does anyone know the correct belt size for this combo, have no local cubbie dealer here or Onan dealer for that matter so here's one more question. my cubbie won't charge anybody with a onan have the same problem if so what did you do to correct. Thanks guys.
RD

Ken- LOL thanks for the paint job. its funny cause when I got the cub my first thought was to match it to the the scout paint until I found out just how cool the white n yellow rigs are thanks to this club.
The pic I mentioned was by Aaytay not craig on may 5 & I'm sure its my Scout.Mine has 68,000 original miles and gets better gas milage than my 109, boy these guys are thirsty.I'm still haveing a litlle trouble with my carb can't seem to stop it from weeping, good thing there's a shut off on the tank also is there a rule of thumb as to how to adjust the mixture screws?

Man that killer bee looks great-(great winter project now on my list)

If anyone is interested, it appears that Home Depot is clearancing some of there Brinly sleeve hitch stuff. In Evansville, IN they have the cultivators at $75.00. They had box blades and single gang discs at the same price.

Digger N KenTuckyKen, So why wouldn't I wanna use 30wt over Hytran? Has anyone tried experimented w/ both to see the differance?
DanM.

John R -- I think your hydraulic pump may be the same used on a JD 317. They (at least the one I looked at) mounted on top of the engine.

Kraig -- like all else * start at the bottom and work your way up *

Charles -- wish we had a HD here just to give Lowes some competition.

Robert -- you better hope the alternator is still good ! My buddy needed one for his 20 and it was very <sup>high</sup> priced.

Dan -- engine oil is NOT the same as hydraulic oil. Hydraulic oil is suppose to be anti-foaming and HYTRAN is suppose to trap the condensation moisture. Without anti-foaming the oil will foam when hot and under pressure and the pump will get starved for oil as it will be sucking foam / air bubbles.

KENtucky, "start at the bottom and work your way up" are you referring to the headlight mounts, or????

... oh and by the way - don't go out and buy some jug of hydraulic oil from wally world, as I'm using just that in my shop made hydraulic press and I 've used it in 4" bore cylinders when I had to pull ripped up backhoe buckets back together. With just a drill running a 2 stage pump that crap foams !!

I was 'ferin to them thar wirz startun et da botum and a comin up to da lites sted o' go'un down ta'um.

I also be thinkin 'bout makin a new dezin o' twobz.

Man don't you know by now NOT to ask me any questions
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back