• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 19, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm, KENtucky, why shouldn't I ask you any questions?

The wire routes inside the tube from the bottom, out the top and down the outside the 5 or 6" to the lights. Easiest redesign is to pull the wire out, cut the tube just above the lights then reinstall the wire. Here's how the wire enters the bottom of the tube.
18938.jpg

Here's a top down view.
18939.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 20, 2004)

KentuckyKen,
I have a 124 which as you know is a gear drive.
Does antifoaming matter when the oil is just a bath for gears? Is Hytrain the same viscosity as 30wt? Is there detergent in Hytrain?
DM

Dan -- I hadn't looked back to see what model you had but , yes the gear drive needs it to as the rotating ring / carrier / spiders and all will be frothing and whipping up the oil mixing it with air just like whipping egg whites. It of course wont be under high pressure but it STILL needs HYTRAN (no "i")

KenTuckyKen,
My local auto parts store tells me they don't have Hytran but they have stuff called allTrac 245. They say its the same. What do you think?

Dan, only a Cub Cadet dealer or a Case<FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> dealer would carry it. Though I suppose Lowes might have it seeing as they are selling Cub Cadets now.

Dan -- here's something I posted in the "pulling section" a while back. It's info that others could benifit from when you get down to the meaning of it.

<font color="0000ff">I had a set of Crane needle bearing roller rockers back in around 74 - 75 and I didn't use them on the 327 I built so I put them in a jug and opened a fresh can (YES CAN!) of 40wt Racing Valvolene and dumped it on them. I let a guy take them to Dearborn to sell them for me , he ended up misplacing them and not finding them for 12 years !! He brought what was left of them back to me ... the oil had ate up the aluminum and it was flaking a part like slate.</font>

The allTrac 245 sounds like it is intended for all tractors' hydraulic systems. We ran MF tractors on the farm I grew up on and I never found a "one size fits all" that worked. There's enough difference in the manufacture's specs that I can't see any company filling that need with one product. Now as for my above post , these cubs have been going for over 40 years and the funny thing is that they've (most all) have been doing it running HY-TRAN. It's YOUR 124 so you can buy anything you want to put in it , on it , paint it purple if that's what you need to do but facts are facts. I by no means run to a dealer for my stuff so I'm not one to preach but you asked what was needed so you have the recommended answer. ... damn now I'm gonna have to go buy some HY-TRAN ! I think I sold myself ....
happy.gif

Kraig -- Lowes doesn't even have deck belts for my 2166 or high lift blades. Tractor Supply sells cubs too and they might be better stocked than Lowes but the one up the road doesn't have blades either.
Reminds me of the time years ago I bought a Coleman heater from a store then had to drive 40 miles to get a can of Coleman fuel to put in it. I was in a twisted mood after having to do that so I went to see the store manager where I bought the heater and set in to cusing him out for selling a product but not having the required product to USE the first product. (of course I can't repeat what he really heard) but let's say the next time I went in that store I was tripping over gallons of Coleman fuel ... on the shelves , in the floor under the shelves ... that twisted mood worked one time for a fog light set I bought but the store didn't have any spare bulbs ... they got some in !

Kraig -

Lowes would likely carry the "new" Cub Cadet hydraulic fluid, which I don't believe is HyTran. You're not s'posed to use the new stuff in the old stuff, AFAIK...

Never investigated why cuz the new stuff is big bucks comparatively speaking.

Bryan -- somebody gave a newer name for the HY-TRAN oil sometime back towards Janurary but I can't remember what it was. Maybe it was the MTD stuff but I don't remember.

Bryan, KENtucky, thanks for the input, we don't have any Lowes stores up this way yet, at least near enough that I know about them. I have heard that there may be some coming soon.

Dan, lets hope KENtucky doesn't notice that you spelt his name KENtu<blink>r</blink>ky. :eek:)

KENtucky, no mo e.

Kraig -- I got Dane to drop the "i" ... now if I can just get him to drop the "r" ... ;)

Question for those with hydraulic systems knowledge - why does the implement lift spool valve on my 1250 make a humming, moaning sound and how can I stop it? This only happens (or is noticeable) at engine idle speed and valve in the neutral position. Gets louder when Hytran is warmed up. Actuating the valve (raise or lower) eliminates noise temporarily. All hydraulic system pressures check with those given in the manual.

Anyone else experience this annoyance? Any suggestions appreciated.

Craig -- that's Mister Kentucky ... hey you're puttin an extra "e" in there ... and I'm the school drop out ... geeeez !

KENtucky, I had an extra "e" or 3 laying around that I needed to use up, I threw them away instead.

KENTucky- Haven't tried to start it yet, it needs an injector and 2 glow plugs. Guy told me that it ran good but the generator end of it wouldn't excite so he split it off for scrap and stold the injector and plugs for another one he had that the Generator worked. Says its for a 10KW. He told me he would bring me the TMs and needed parts later in the week.

Back