• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Upgrade

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9ECACA1B-3D01-4B67-8687-70C183F7B885.jpeg

Still have all the small stuff to do that’s adds up. All the outside bolt on stuff,,, starter/gen, linkages, adjust governor, obvious other things fuel tank, etc. I haven’t kept up with $$ but guesstimate of 1500$ is probably conservative. For a garden tractor that was worth as much in $$ when I started as it is now. Fact remains the IH Cub is 52 years old. & is most likely good for another very long run with any reasonable care in the future.

Oh My I’ve had the 106 apart to long. LOL been a bit of a jigsaw puzzle putting it back together. Probably have 4-5 more hours. Down to the small stuff, control cables, Fuel tank, fluids, etc.

Tried a Hong Kong Fooey carb. After having float bowl off 6 times adjusting the float level. Did manage to make it run. Tuning of the carb was then impossible. Finally gave up on that & pulled the OE carb off of the 10 HP I removed. Quick clean with brake cleaner, & carb issues resolved. Still zeroing in the governor.

Latest posts

Back