• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Manual PTO upgrades, modifications

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you replaced parts in your PTO did you have the friction face of the pulley & flat plate refaced? Maybe those pieces are not flat & true? Did you install the triangle spring inside out?

I have a 105 with a qa36a thrower. I struggled with drive belts for the first 2 years, too tight/loose, constant readjustments,1/2, 3/8”belts etc. I did a LOT of experimenting. I found that the correct belt is a; trade number 3V-280 (mine is from Gates). The 3V is a “deep V configuration belt. I haven't had to readjust it once for 5 years. 3V-280 is 28” and they are available in 27.5” and larger. I am reasonably sure this the original Cub Cadet belt configuration. Good Luck.

I have a 105 with a qa36a thrower. I struggled with drive belts for the first 2 years, too tight/loose, constant readjustments,1/2, 3/8”belts etc. I did a LOT of experimenting. I found that the correct belt is a; trade number 3V-280 (mine is from Gates). The 3V is a “deep V configuration belt. I haven't had to readjust it once for 5 years. 3V-280 is 28” and they are available in 27.5” and larger. I am reasonably sure this the original Cub Cadet belt configuration. Good Luck.
Providing the thrower has the original pulley setup, the correct belt is 15/32 X 30".

If it is not a “deep V” the width won’t matter much, and I suspect the 3V-*** series are what Cub Cadet designed for.

Latest posts

Back