• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow, thats a piece of hardware! You could make cannon barrels to shoot around corners with that
bazooka.gif
. Great to see it finally work.

Just to show that it does work ;)
56673.jpg

Since I'm using 1.250" sch 40 pipe and not tubing I'm going to make a double roll bar hoop. The one leaning against the gate is pieced together to make my pattern. It has 1" id pipe inside of the joints as a backing to weld the joints on. I'll use it with the continous piece in the bender.

Test fit, standing loose up against the cab. I've got to take it off and finish welding the spacer/joiner pieces and sandblast and prime it.

56748.jpg

56749.jpg

I think a third pipe ...
lazerburn.gif
... yeah a third pipe ! It's only money !

hey ken,
What is going to keep them from spreading outward if you get rolled over?? I suspect that they may still save your life but perhaps not protect the truck as intended. Although if it is rolled that may be the least of the problems.
happy.gif

Dudley

Surely your not building a trailer queen.

#3 hoop is almost finished ;)

Dudley - It aint gonna bend or collaspe. It would have to bend every pipe in every corner to collaspe or if it tried to just push the center down ... it's not finished yet ;) The truck is to light to have that kinda force (well it was light before all the pipe).
There'll be a cross member before I'm finished. If you look at the "store bought" bed frame kit I posted the link for below you'll see they don't use a cross member and they only use 1 tube of 1.5" of 11ga (0.120"). I don't care if it's DOM that's not enough for my comfort!

Brian - And to think I've never took time to restore my 122 I've had set back since '96. Someday maybe. Someday maybe the 122-127-129 will be out of my shop so I've got room to work.

Ken,

Can't wait to see the third. I wish I had the space to build things like when I lived on the farm. Wish I had 3 phase too
lol.gif

Ya the 122 is going forward just not very fast. Use the thing too much to tear it down and do it right.

Brian - You wish you had room ? I went from 1100 acres to 2.13 acres and only one 30x50 garage with a low overhead ! I use to have a 650 yard target range now nothing ;( No 1.5 acre garden either ... no garden at all. Neighbor so close I can hear them talk so loud that my tv can't drown them out.

Getting ready to grind the welds on the third pipe if I can get my back to ease off. I took half a pain pill but it only lasted long enough to get the welding done, dragging my left leg 'cause I can't lift it , ol lady home today and she's beechin bout me out there working. I can't just sit all the time like she wants me to ... and if I do she finds something for me to do so where ya go ? As my grandfather use to say, "damn if you do and damn if ya don't".

I just figured the weight of the roll bar with 3 pipes plus spacers = 91 pounds.

Ken- I hear ya on the down sizing. Wife and I moved to town so a two car garage and a double lot is all we've got. Had to get creative, put the compressor in the basement and pipe it to the garage to conserve space.

That roll bar is going to look tough with that third in there.

Hope the back gets to feeling better.

It's been a struggle but I got it !
I don't see why I can't get the pipes even ... same measurements same angles
sad.gif

I've got to finish welding the spacers and get the bottom ends cut to match the frame curve but I wanted to pop it on so I could get pics while the sun was still shinning ;)
56799.jpg

56800.jpg

56801.jpg

KentucK:
First time on its head and all the pipes'll be even
roflol.gif

Ken,
The first two were done a day earlier, so the heat of the sun probably expanded them. The third should catch up to them tomorrow...

Sandblasted / Primed / Epoxy Painted / Welded / need to touch up paint.
58538.jpg

Might should have leaned forward a little more

Looks like you got the tubes evened up. Or is it from the other side that the third wasn't as tall? In any case looking good!
thumbsup.gif

I worked on it adding more until around 2:30am. I went to bed @4am , got up @5am 'cause I was hurting so bad I couldn't lay any longer. My knees and bad elbow just wouldn't quit hurting. I got to sleep something after 6am ... My stepdad came by @ 11am and I just got home. We walked 3 miles to see a water falls and drove through some bad country to see an old home place of his grandmother's. After that we (Kraig) drove my Silverado to Mullberry and walked down the bad hill to the river. I'm glad black snakes don't get as mad as copperheads since I stood within a foot of one. I'm not seeing to good today. I AM TOTALY WORE OUT !

Kraig - After going down to Mullberry ... I think I need bigger tires and that solid 4x4 axle up front !! That hill is way worse than I've ever seen it. We found a piece of tire tread about 1 inch wide that had been spun off a tire. It was the entire length of the diameter. I think it's time to put in the crawler gears ;)

Instead of me handling and torch cutting a 308 pound sheet of treadplate I sent it out yesterday to get sawn to the sizes I need ... if it gets done today I'll have the bed finished but not painted, in a day or so.

Then I get to turn it around and make a front bumber for the 9500 pound electric winch ... man that's a heavy winch
wanker.gif

Well Kentucky you gonna run the dozer trail @ LBL with it now that you got the roll bar on? Me and some friends go down to ride race 4 wheelers on the dozer trail and climb the hills had some bad outcomes on some of the hills especially the rocky ones....lol Worst wreck was at St. Joe in Park Hills, Mo. though, rocks are bad on 400EX's

Back