• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pipe Bending

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the first one.

53336.jpg

Hey Ken, you in here somewhere ?? Did you finish reworking the new pipe former? Last mention you had thrown some $$ into your rock climber, that looking like a real vehicle now ?

Oh wow, he's still not here. Wonder if he got his 'rock climber' working, out in the sticks some where, and a mountain lion got him !
bouncy.gif

Allen - I checked in yesterday b4 hitting the couch to get some sleep but didn't want to start this long reply then. I only had 14 hours sleep last week so it's catching up with me. Tuesday night my buddy and I hit the river around 11pm and stayed until about 10pm. I was wore out but after 4 hours sleep I had to get up and take the better half to work as the brake rotor on her Rodeo decided to take a dive. Today (in an hour) I have to take her to work then tear into the brakes. I worked 3 days (sat-mon) on my buddies '74 CJ6 Jeep making body mounts. Ok here's the update on the Toy project...

I took out the rear diff to install the Aussie locker to find it needs new carrier bearings, ok paid $80+ for new bearings. Pulled the old ones off to find a bearing had spun and the carrier was worn to bad. I thought about knurling the bad end but I went to a junk yard and found a '90 V6 complete rear with good springs too so I bought it and another transfer case and a front stump for a solid front axle. I figured since I have a '85 solid front axle for future use I may as well buy and extra stump for it. I bought the extra transfer case since I have to take my '88 one a part to change the low end 2.28 gear to 4.71. I like having spare parts ;) So I take a part the V6 rear to see if it was the right gear ratio (4.10) to swap into the '88 and put the Aussie locker in. Guess what, the V6 has a limited slip! The locker can't be used in that carrier unless I change to an "open" carrier. I guess I'll run it like it is for now.

The bender is still backwards and I hope to get it fixed before I put the Toy back inside. Maybe this week-end ... ???

That's the short version !

"Good grief Charlie Brown..." you sure do keep a busy life. 14 hrs sleep in a week..
jawdrop.gif
. Bought a few 'spares' just in case you need them.. you should be able to build a vehicle that can go straight up a wall by now ! :) C U L

Yeah use to on the forum ppl asked me if I ever slept because I was always on here posting. Sleeping in for lazy ppl.

I got the Rodeo delivered to the ol lady at work, I'll put new pads on the other side Saturday evening. Didn't have time today because my buddy (my round trip ticket) had something to do @1 so I ran out of time. NOW my Silverado is missing BAD!! At 40 in second gear it acts like it's running on 3 cylinders. That's not good when it's a V6.

If you didnt already go there, my first choice would be plug wires/dist cap+wire/ points if you got 'em on that vehicle. Has it been wet/damp in your area? Temp changes can reek havoc on stuff from condensation. A.

99 Silverado is back burning rubber in 3 gears!
You'd think the factory parts would last longer ... After trying to change it I wish it was a lot longer lasting !
54334.jpg

Ken,
The cap from my '83 ( still on the truck from new) looks better than that! Dang.

Well... here I go again! I went out to cut trees off the road after this storm and I busted the brakes on the rear of my Silverado (but it runs better!)... it never stops happening to me...........................

Ken,
I'm always fixing stuff too. I guess it comes from having too many things. When I was poor and single I never had anything to break.

KentucK:
Pictures! -We need Pictures!!!

85 more days!!!!

Kyle - When I was young and single (pre 18) I never had things break either because I was buying new stuff or just staying to drunk to know something was tore up!

Kendell - The plans called for a cherry picker jack to be used ... my 8 ton jack is to big at the base
sad.gif
I didn't want to pump it anyway. I went through my hydraulic cylinder stash and the one I use to pull track hoe buckets back into shape is to big. The one I took off a ditcher boom is to small. I opened up the plastic around a cylinder I bought about 11 years ago and decided that if I extended the bottom bender frame I can use it. I went out today and had hoses made for it and a pump I got out of my secret hidden locked up stash. Then I went and slept 2 hours before the Yorkie decided I had enough sleep.

Now the problem ... The die and follow block seem to be to small. It was made for a 1.250" pipe of 1.66" diameter. The pipe lays on (not in) the die with about an 1/8" gap under it. I have to dead blow hammer it together to get the pin in the block. I measured the pipe and it's only .004" over size. I'm going to call the company tomorrow and see what the dope is.

Pics ? I'd have to walk 120 feet round trip to do that !
Right now I may go shoot the damn crotch rocket that just came next door .... he seems to like letting everyone know it has no muffler and will rev to 12k !!!! It's sitting about 20 feet from me and I will NOT put up with it.

KENtucky, perhaps you should head over and lend that guy with the crotch rocket a cup of sugar. I bet there's no storage compartment on it so the best place to transport the sugar would be in the fuel tank. Man I'm feeling mean today.....

Kraig - He didn't stay long ;)
He pull that crap when Kathy is home on her 1.5 day off from work and it's goona be hard to lean it into a corner with all the lead that'll be in it. She's mean !

Go down to the river bank and have a good scream , you might feel better.

Kendell - Here's yer Da** pic!
swear.gif
swear.gif
swear.gif
swear.gif

So much for running the bender with a drill/hydraulic pump
swear.gif
swear.gif
the seal blew out around the shaft
swear.gif
swear.gif
There's about a quart of oil on the floor
swear.gif
swear.gif
and on everything else
swear.gif
swear.gif
including in the 3/4 horse drill
swear.gif
swear.gif

56177.jpg

Don't you dare ask for anymore pics
swear.gif
swear.gif

Ken, I thought you said you bought a long throw hydraulic jack with 12v pump for your bender?? Too weak, or threw a cylinder on it quick to try it.

Ok here's the day after pics. I dug out my 110/208 volt Barnes (now Haldex) 1/2 horse hydraulic unit. I got it wired up without the foot pedals to test it. I had a guy that was going to plumb it and make hoses up for a valve that I have. He brought it back took a part without making up the hoses. So I've let it sit for 6 years until I finally dug it out. I got lucky and found a reducer in my plumbing parts drawer so I could hook up the old hose I had on it. Of course the ones I had made Friday wont work
sad.gif
and they were closed today.
sad.gif
sad.gif

I ran the motor without the solenoid energized and it jerkingly extended the rod. I threw voltage to the solenoid and turned the motor on again and as I suspected that was the return mode. There's enough pressure getting past the solenoid with it being energized that it doesn't seem to by-pass like I need it to so I'll put my valve on it Monday when I can get the hoses made. The only problem is I don't know if my valve body is open center.
I've found a new way of keeping my steel from rusting!
56256.jpg

56257.jpg

56258.jpg

Allen - The bender frame plans called for a cherry picker jack to be used. The 3 ton one might fit, I've not measured the base of an old busted one that I have but I do know that the 5 ton jack I have wont fit in the frame. That's why I was using the cylinder.
Here's the link of my build.

It's NOT a rock crawler, just something to get me there and back ;)

Back