• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My RANT!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know I'm REALLY GETTING PISSED with these damn TRACKING COOKIES following me around.
If I look at something at Tigerdirect I get their ads everytime I go to Netzero mail or AOL mail or even news websites.
It happens with a lot of other websites too ... SOBs and their tracking and who knows for sure how much is government induced ????

Kentuck, my wife and I are noticing the same thing with ads for stuff we were searching for at an earlier time. Maybe I missed it earlier, but it seems more prevelant with my new 'puter and Win7.

Allen-

It's not Windows 7, it's a shift in how these things are being done. I've had W7 for almost 2 years now, and only very recently have those ads started appearing.

Found my problem ... Moz 6 and I hadn't set the cookie monster in it yet ...
Norton found 51 tracking cookies from this morning's workout.
25 tracking cookies just checking my mail once and gas price once tonight !!

FOX NEWS home page just gave me 5 tracking cookies EVEN though I have the "Tell websites I do not want to be tracked" checked for MOZ.

230640.gif

Check the box I get 6 tracking cookies @ FOX NEWS
Clear the box I get 5 tracking cookies @ FOX NEWS

MOZILLA 6.0.2 you F'N SUCK !!

I THOUGHT I fixed the problem

230656.gif

But as you can see THERE IS NO cookie option no where in the options !!

230657.gif

6 tracking cookies @ FOX NEWS with Firefox 3.6 with no cookies option ...

I'll find an older version ...

Firefox 1.4b is 32 bit and wont install !!

Allen - <font size="+2">FOX NEWS</font>

I hate made in China outdoor decorations that don't even last the Christmas season. BAH HUMBUG!

This morning I heard a "reminder" on the radio that the Ford Truck Plant here in St. Paul. MN (where they make the Ford Ranger) is sadly closing it's doors tomorrow.

My understanding is that it is closing because there just isn't a small-truck-market anymore like there was 20 years ago.

OK, if that's the case, then explain this!
1a_scratchhead.gif

Mahindra Trucks to be built in the USA

On a positive note, notice the "Navistar" connection.
greenthumb.gif

ART - There must be a WHOLE LOT of profit in the new 6.7L Powerstroke diesel F250/350 4-door trucks. I've been lurking over at The Diesel Stop and it's amazing the number of first-time new diesel truck buyers who buy $60,000 pickups to commute 5-10 miles to work. Sounds like some even tow or haul something with them a couple times a year!
err.gif

Reminds me of a former co-worker, bought a new Prius every two years, and one year he bought a motor scooter to save even more money on his TWO MILE commute to work. At that time I was still driving my F250 PSD to work and having a terrible time trying to justify getting something more fuel efficient for my 120 mi/day commute. Bet he saved BIG MONEY on his twenty mile a WEEK commute.
clappy.gif

I guess we all have just gotten used to $3+/gal gas & $4/gal diesel fuel. It would wake poeple up if they actually paid CASH for gas for a while. My first car got about 16-18 MPG, had an 18 gal gas tank, I could fill it up with premium and get enough change back from a $20 bill to have spending money for a week. The gas was normally $6-$7. But I only made about $2.50/hr then too.

I agree Dennis. I see it on Oilburners and Super Duty Diesel. We have guys comin un asking about their first truck..... and we get 1 of 2 types of "new" trucks. We get the ones that a guy has bought an $800 Mid-80'S IDI and asking how to "make is smoke, because that is cool" or why does is have many issues (duh) or why can't I pull a 20k pound trailer up the side of a mountain at 70 mph. Or the other is someone that has just bout a 2012 XXXXXX and how do I get better economy, or how do I delete XXXXX or what programmer is best. Unfortunaly Diesel Trucks has becom the new "ricer/tuner" of guys that want to go 0-60 in the blink of an eye, and black out the sun while doing it. It used to be something to get the work done, better, more efficently than a gasser.... That is why I bought my truck... to pull a trailer(s) with.. and not 2 weekends a year...... there are so many diesel trucks on the road now "because they are cool / the vehicle to have" rather than drag around something heavy to get a job doen with.....

Also, on the older trucks... like the ones made from 83-94ish.... most of the people who have them that have bought them recently can't understand why they work the best, and get the best economy around 55 mph??????? why does it sound like it is screaming when I try to run 75-80 and drink fuel...... they don't stop to think it was designed with the speed limit was 55..... where my 03, is happiest at ~72 on the highway...... but what speedlimit when it was designed....... 65-70.....

SCOTT - Yep, I think the same guys post on TDS as post on Oilburners & Super-Duty. Some guy even wanted to put stacks on his 4-door '11 F250, twin 5 inch stacks.

I saw the same thing happen on Nat'l Lightning Owner's website that's going on now with the OBS trucks, they're cheap enough and the younger guys with not much or NO money want to hop them up. Sad that they think they can make a 6000-7000 pound truck fast.

On the older trucks, some of the old 6.9's didn't even have over-drive transmissions, with 4.10 gears they're against the governor about 70-75. I ordered my '96 with 3.55's and cruise right around 2200 @ 72 MPH. If I'd slow down to 65 I'd almost always get 20+ MPG but that ain't happening!

Frankly, if I was buying a new truck I'd probably get an F350 reg. cab long box with the 6.2L gas V8. Most guys claim 14-16 MPG and plenty of power. It takes a L-O-N-G time to save the $8000 cost of the diesel option with the higher price of fuel now days. I was on IH/Navistar's website yesterday and priced out a new TerraStar, extended cab, heaviest suspension, 300 HP 6.4L, Allison 1000 tranny, no box or bed but MSRP was only $48,000. I couldn't get into any of the neat stuff like air-ride seats & suspension, and I'd have to get a 4X4, not sure what that would list for. And I'd like to get a 6 or 7 spd manual trans too.

Dennis Frisk
I drive a 1995 dodge Ram 5.9 diesel because it tows my trailer safely. truck weights is just over 7000 lbs and the grw for the fiver is 10500 lbs .I don`t think it is safe to tow my fiver with a 1/2 ton so that is why I drive a 2500 . Smoke and power mods , I hate to smoke anybody and have my truck set up not to over-fuel as some like.The 5.9 cummins had 160 hp and 320 torque at the crank when I got it,I have installed a number 10 torque plate and a 3000 rpm governor spring for some extra power. with a power train loss of 30% I have had the truck on a dyno and got 342 hp and 680 ft lbs torque last summer . I just had to know what the parts I installed did for towing , the truck came alive and I get 19 to 21 mpg on my runs to town and 26 mpg on a trip at 62 mph. I have got 15 towing the few time I did check and did the math. I had the oil changed this week at a cost of $75.00 for the job.If I did not have my fiver I would not own a diesel truck.The number ten torque plate was $86.00 and the govern spring was $106.00 before shipping . Some other parts I added cost much more lol. like the 409 stainless exhaust at $1200.00 and the cold air kit that was 800.00. But a stock replacement exhaust was almost $1000.
00 and would rot away in 4 years up here , so I might have saved $$$ by buying the MBRP Cool Duals lol. MBRP will replace the exhaust if it rots out so they say .I did replace the stock torque converter with a 1600 stall 700 hp 1400 ft lb unit this summer and that was a huge improvement in towing . I don`t see the high trans temps I saw before ,it runs 150 deg off the lines before the cooler now and I could see temps of 225 deg pulling on a steep hill .So no slipping has cooled off the tranny and that is good. I have plans to install another cooler for the trans with its own flex fan this winter to keep the tranny under 185 deg temps,that should make this tranny last a long time.75 hp sticks will be added at some date so I can get it moving faster towing and for the hills when we cross Canada someday soon I hope . I have a wife that loves her job and does not want to retire. Would you believe that I would not take an offer of $15000.00 for my 1995 diesel last week. I will not have a problem selling it when I`am ready to sell.You just can do what I do with a gas truck unless you have shares with an oil company lol.

DON - Your mentioning the HP & torque numbers for your '95 Dodge is why I got a PSD, and the fact I'd had two F150's before. My PSD stock is 210-215 HP depending on if you believe Ford or IH, the sticker on the valve cover from IH says 215 HP, and torque is 420 or 425 #/ft, I forget which. I got the ZF-5 spd manual which has proven to be the best transmission I've ever had in ANY vehicle. Shifts smooth and has never required anything but oil changes with synthetic ATF every 100,000 miles. I put a new LUK single mass flywheel/clutch kit in it about 240,000 miles. The old clutch except for the flywheel still looked like new. The ZF-5 spd beats the NP-435's my F150's had by a L-O-N-G shot. If I'd have gotten a Ram 2500 It would have had the NV4500 with the fifth gear problems where the gears came loose from the shafts. And the only NV-4500 I ever drove in a Ram 3500 with 100,000 miles had three worn-out synchro's, but the truck had suffered a lot of hard use. But I did NOT want another New Process/New Venture tranny in my '96. It's sad that NONE of the Big Three put a manual trans in their big trucks anymore.

I almost ordered an F350 because it had the Dana 60 mono-beam frt axle because the Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam suspension is noted for fast frt tire wear but when I was putting 35,000 miles a year on my truck, all highway miles, the rear tires actually wore faster than the fronts. I'd rotate them every 40,000-50,000 miles to balance up wear frt-to-back, I got 127,000 miles out of a set of Firestone Wilderness AT tires back in the late 1990's. I could have run them longer but had a bad vibration in one of them so replaced them instead of rebalancing them. I had new MOOG greasable ball joints installed @ 150,000 miles and that's the ONLY repair I've ever done to the frt end. I did all four brakes on the truck around 250,000 miles. The frt pads still had some life left but the one rotor was warped pretty bad. The rear drums still looked like new.

For the relatively flat roads around the midwest where I drive my stock PSD handles anything I've ever asked it to do. And I like the fact that with over 40 gal. of fuel on board I can cruise almost 800 miles between fill-ups.

A $75 oil change is cheap, the fourteen quarts of 15W-40 Rotella for my PSD is $52, plus the filter @ $10 to do it myself. I've done something over 100 oil changes in my truck, every 3000 miles I put 14 quarts in and drain 13 quarts out and have NEVER added any oil between changes, except for one time I added a quart before a long trip when it had about 40,000-50,000 miles, it was down a quart and I wanted it full, it burned that quart in 600-800 miles just like always and I've never tried to keep it full since.

I don't have a LOT of need for a truck but I do enough stuff that I need something bigger than a small compact truck or 1/2 ton that I can justify keeping the old PSD around, like hauling 2500# of landscaping blocks. It was easier to have the guy on the forklift load a whole skid than to "finger-print" each block into the truck!

Latest posts

Back