• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

My RANT!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WAYNE - To add to what KEN said, if you use ANY primer on the steel sheet metal or frame it has to be a "refurbish". Sealer on castings is O-K, IH did that. But they used NO primer. Not sure about LVL but all steel parts, hoods, fenders, battery boxes, cab steps, etc went thru a Bonderizer, hot water cleaner & phosphatizer that cleaned and etched the parts for paint adhesion. Since LVL built all the little Farmall's I'm sure they used a Bonderizer too.

Dennis - I helped put a clutch in our old MF35 once. Inside the bell housing was some sort of red paint that was almost indestructible ... a hammer wouldn't chip it. You got any idea what it could have been back in those days ?

KEN - The insides & outsides of ALL IH castings has that same sealer on it. Not sure what it was but it was TOUGH. IH used different colors, LVL was a dark red like red oxide primer, Memphis was kinda CAT yellow.

When I handled castings from IH Memphis for a while I actually called the painter to get daily shipments. Everything was dipped, put in the pallet box or wire basket wet and loaded on a truck.

I'm sure there's something toxic, or causes cancer in labratory mice if they eat a pound of that ingredient a day that makes that coating illegal to use now.

Mexican tour bus got caught hauling POT !
They had been transporting 45,000 TON per year across our border !!!!

Tom - MJ ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

ok got it ... mary jane

Frank - Aint et tyme fer ya ta retar and head this way ?? I need a fishin buddy ... lake is close to the shooting range too
guns.gif

KENtuckyKEN

Must have been a smart bunch at that border crossing lol. I wonder how many trips that bus made it across before they caught on to them
1a_scratchhead.gif

Ken:
The usual stuff for sealing inside of castings was "glyptol", but IIRC once upon a time we had a big discussion 'bout it and it was said it wasn't ......

Nobody sings a historical ballad, anymore. "In May of 1941, the war had just begun. The Germans had the fastest ships that had the biggest guns" How about "In 1814 we took a little trip - along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip" Or: "In '43 they put to sea 13 men and Kennedy". "The wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" is special. Now I'm going to search for the words to Steel Men (working on a bridge to cross that water). My bad.
happy.gif

I hate it when ppl remind me of Johnny Horton and I have to dig up the mp3 folder ...

Crank up the volume and rip the knob off !

Ken, Marlin: A little Jimmy Dean?
Jimmy Dean
Steel Men lyrics
Steel men, hey
Working on a bridge of steel

Out on the rocky western coast
Of Vancouver by the sea
At a place that's
Known as Second Narrows
They were building a bridge of steel

Well, they hammered
And they cut and they riveted
And the welding torches were bright
Making a strap on a river's back
When upon one fatal night

(CHORUS)
Steel men, hey
Working on a bridge
To cross that water
Steel men, ho

Well, it happened on
The eighteenth day of June
Back in nineteen fifty plus eight
People were fishing from the shore
The day was getting late
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jimmy_dean/steel_men.html ]
Now the wind was
Tugging at the maple trees
But a steel man knows no fear
If somebody wanted
To bridge the Pacific
Well, a steel man would be there

(CHORUS)

Well, all of a sudden
Now, the wind picked up
And it blew as hard as it could
And that steel bridge swayed
Like a leaf in the breeze
And it snapped like a stick of wood

Now the girders buckled
And the rivets broke
And the water heard the cry
And that steel bridge
Shook off the working men
Like a hounddog shakes off flies

(CHORUS)

Eighteen men just as hard as nails
And as eager as a brand new bride
And as the clock on the
Tower said quarter of four
All eighteen had died

(CHORUS)

Steel men, ain't going back
To a wife and daughter
Steel men, living and dying by steel

This and The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald are very high on my list of Historical Ballads.
Of course I also like "How much is that doggie in the window".
happy.gif
happy.gif

Frank - Not heard that one. What about Johnny H's "Ballad of the Alamo"

Ballad of Bull Run
Sink The Bismark
When Johnny Comes Marching Home

And of course I like Melanie "Brand New Key"

Gerry - Get in here you've got more mp3s than I do.

I guess we need an MP3 thread ...

Greg: I lift my glass high. As long as there's a USA don't let his memory die!
What a Cub Day!

230224.jpg

230225.jpg

This wasn't ABuse day, this was USE day, and the 123 done good!
FYI if you ever run Rte.11 in Northern Maine, my brother Dale built this dome and it's kind of become a landmark for this area.
happy.gif

One of the songs that the late Jud Strunk recorded from what I remember is a true story about a young man that didn't come home from Vietnam.... The Next Door Neighbor's Kid. I've foud a copy on Ebay only just haven't ordered it yet.

I'm hearing of a school bus sized satellite falling out of orbit and no one knows where it'll land? We can't shoot stuff like that? Hmmm, it must've lost altitude and air speed at the same time.
happy.gif

"They" say anywhere from Canada to South America ... I'm going underground ... very very deep !

Heads up Vern I think the sky's fallin' !

Latest posts

Back