• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Building a Better PC

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are talking about the Ultra case it's internal rails/supports are flimsy. You wouldn't like it. Sharp in there too!! Of course that build was in 06 so they may build a better box now.

Get past it.
deadat30.gif
Think pink!!
Bye the way I cut that fan hole out of the side on the pink puter' using a dremel tool. Lined it with telephone casing without the wires, split it down the middle and gorilla glued it in place. It blows right on the CPU.

228307.jpg

Got the case today...

228310.jpg

I was extremely pleased to see it's got a switch to turn those fan LEDs off. I HATE light-up fans.

Richard - Why haven't you got that Yorkie workin ?

228325.jpg

Matt - I'd go with that case but it doesn't have Firewire on the front. I've got a HDD case that for some reason the USB doesn't work on it so I have to use the Firewire cable on it.

Well I just pulled the trigger on my case choice. FREE SHIPPING w/3 day UPS !

Matt - Ya got it wired yet ?
This will make you feel better.
228364.gif

Richard - How old is the Yorkie ?
Ours in 12 yrs old this year and spoiled rotten !

Nice case Matt. Looks like it could be a stealth fighter.....perfect for your profession.
f16.gif
I watched the newegg video,,, plenty of room for anything you would want.

So Ken, what was your choice for a case?

The Yorkie is as old as yours. Great pic. of yours by the way!!

It's coming out of Memphis,TN so I should have it Thursday possibly tomorrow but UPS usually goes from Memphis to Indy then Lexington then London then delivered.

MOBO , 1T , OS7Pro64 came today and it looks like the RAM is slated to be here Friday.

Of course I spent more than I had intended to ...
Doghouse has fleas BTW !

Anybody had problems with certain mfgrs of DVD disks? My new 'puter giving me grief already when trying to write backup program disks. Sez the disk I have in is not the same as described !
DUH ! Gotta call help desk tomorrow, hope I dont get an idiot in a far off land.

Allen, FWIW, I now only buy Verbatim brand blank DVDs and CDs. I've used other brands in the past with mixed results. I avoid Memorex brand DVDs, as I've found they are usually only good for protecting coffee tables.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Allen - Try it in another PC first before you call. This PC stopped recognizing some disc for some reason. Even software and driver disc that I had used in it before but it'll play recorded DVD movies. That's one reason I flew mad and decided to build one from scratch this time.

Kraig can tell ya it took me a whole day just a little while back to put an animation software disc on here.
Then there's the problem ever since I put this AM3 Gigabyte MOBO / ATI Graphics in back in February that it will not keep my resolution settings when I turn it off. I have to re-set it every time.

Then when I got the new 23" monitor I tried to set up dual monitors ... NOPE!

My little bro who hot rods computers (just did an AM3 2.8GHz up to 3.8GHz) told me to do a fresh OS install with Winderz 7 ... so here I am building again ... I'm going to dread the transfer and re-installing my programs , especially the ones that I've paid for ! Had trouble with some of them when I changed MOBO.

The DVDs that I use look like they get molded ... or at least they look like they have a mold film within them. Maybe it's because it's the brand that makes good coasters
biggrin.gif

I've been thinking about setting up RAID on the new build.

I just noticed something , remember earlier I said Geek wanted $39 to ship my case @46 pounds ... well UPS has my Newegg case @34.60 lbs

Geek.com wont be getting any of my orders !

Thanks guys. Found things late last nite that also said Memorex are good for only 1 thing. There's $10 down the tube. Kraig....

PULL ! . . . . .
Shotgun.gif

Allen, ah good idea! So there is another use for Memorex CD/DVDs. Pull!
Shotgun.gif

Guess I'm gonna need to learn more about various discs out there. The first ones I got were DVD +R 8.5 gig dual layer. After 3 stores, found some Sony DVD -R 4.7 gig. (Seems this is Memorex territory). That worked for me to make up the 2 system restore discs.<font size="-2">Would have been nice for someone to have put that info in the instruction book!</font> Maybe I'll put the new box on line tonite and see where that leads.

Allen - I've got 3 or 4 DL burners but I never could afford the disc !

As for the system restore ...

228441.gif

On every page where they sell complete systems.

I've been reading a lot of horror stories about SSDs and it seems I missed getting the best one by $50 ... anyway it seems that they have a very short lifespan for the most part.

I've read that it's best to just put the OS and program files on , which I was planning OS only.

Now what I'm thinking of and would ask on the above site but I'm not signing up to ask a question is this --->

What if you just used the SSD solely as a Virtual Memory destination ? Wouldn't that greatly boost performance provided of course you're low on physical memory.

There are only 2 brands (well 3 now that Taiyo-Yuden and JVC are the same) of CD's and DVD's I use any more. The Taiyo-Yuden/JVC for my regular DVD's and CD's and for archival stuff (100 year guarantee) Kodak Gold DVD discs. I have written to over 400 Taiyo-Yuden DVD's and CD's and have never had one fail in the least. I get the Taiyo-Yuden DVD's and CD's from http://www.mediasupply.com/ They seem to have the best prices I have seen on these. I am thinking about trying the Falcon Media Century Gold Archival DVD's they are listing on special.

NOTE: Neither of these DVD's are your garden variety discs that you can buy at the local store. These discs are made for those who are willing to spend a little extra to get the best stuff out there. I have been buying the 16X DVD-R White Inkjet Hub Printable discs which are selling for about $43/100. They have gone up since my last purchase, but they are well worth the price. If you don't need to be able to print directly on the DVD's or are willing to use 8X, the same quality discs are about $31/100. Still not the low price you get at the local store when on special, but when you are creating discs that you need to last, and be free of defects (I do a lot of video and music discs), these are by far the best I have ever used.

Hope that answers the question about what DVD's and CD's are good.

228449.jpg

228450.jpg

These are 100 years also.
228451.jpg

I've got a few of the Gold and the TDK as well as HP , Memorex , BASF , and maybe some others. I like the HPs that I have because they have the white face to write on.

I don't know why but I've even got some of the Lightscribe ... gray scale doesn't look good for a laser printed label
angry.gif

Latest posts

Back