• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 11, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron,
On another thread you posted:

Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 08:20 am

"The Cub Cadet Belt/Blade/PTO Reference Guide says that you should have a IH-59971-C1 Belt for a 50A deck on a 147. All belts & blades are listed in the current edition of this book, from the 1961 Original to the current showroom models. That parts counter guy you dealt with "ain't right bright"."

I could not find the 50a as an option for the 147 in the part look-up. Do you have any more details or drawings? I had to make custom brackets to make it fit. If its in the belt guide it must be a possible option.

So what is wrong with shortning the 44" blades to fit??? granted,they WILL NEED TO BE BALANCED after being cut but we should do that anywayEven those "new" cub blades can have the star shape ground out and used on the older decks with some work. That "star" comes right out with a good die grinder. Just keep the hole centered.

Hey guys I need to replace the bearings on my 3 spindles on my old 42 inch deck . Any diagrams or manual on this? and is this eBay # what I need? 130222281708 Its a old 1962 original narrow frame with the 42 deck, guess my uncle modified it.

Terry B: I don't know if that counter guy was bright or not but apparently that day I wasn't either. I glanced at the Belt/Blade guide and saw "through 169 and didn't pay attention to the beginning model number. A detailed read of the Belt/Blade guide and CPE-2 this morning reveals that the 50, 50A and the 50C decks are listed only for tractors with serial numbers above 400,000. The 147 has serial numbers lower than 400,000. I knew that the 147 didn't come with a 50 inch deck but, never having tried to put one on a narrow frame, it did not occur to me that you could not without some subframe mods. Sharp eye & thanks for the correction.

Myron B

O.K. KENtucky, I'll ask, where'd you get the shirt?
dunno.gif

Terry B,

Available mower deck options from while the 6/7 series was in production were 38", 42" and 48". The 44 and 50 mower decks came into production afterwards during 8/9 series (wide frames) production and the 42" and 48" decks were soon discontinued. You can put a 44" deck on a 6/7 series (and probably 4/5 series as well) if you have the hump back hanger assembly, which will work with a narrow frame mule drive, but you have to angle the idler pulley arms like the wide frame mule drives so the belt will line up with the 44/50 deck center drive pulley which is offset from the centerline of the tractor.

Ken-
In my opinion, you are correct that running an engine too lean will create more heat than bad timing, but what do I know?
dunno.gif

In the spirit of more good-natured debate, here is what Kohler says about heat's relation to head warpage..

83882.jpg

'Course, if you truly believe that the points have nothing to do with timing on a Kohler, then I can't help you....
whistling.gif
old.gif
rant.gif
roflol.gif

83883.jpg

Enough stirring the pot for one day. I'm outta here....
pop.gif

Don T.: This came today:
83886.jpg

Notice anything different?
Kraig M.: The seat you posted yesterday looks great. I took one to our "local" upholstery place (40 miles away) and was given an estimate of $185.
bubbly.gif

Latest posts

Back