• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
18566.jpg

B&B, please forgive me, for in a moment of weakness I have sinned. I posted the first Cub Cadet.......

I just bought a Cub 1015 with 38" mower deck. Can someone tell me how to put the deck on or send me some pictures about the mounts. It is not obvious from looking under the tractor about how to mount the deck, so now I am wondering if something is missing.

Seth,
I found this on the internet doing a Google search.

The Gator Mulcher™ blades unique design has revolutionized the way blades mulch grass clippings. The angle of the Gator teeth redirects the air flow to keep the clipping directly in front of the cutting edge. The longer the clippings remain in front of the cutting edge, the finer the size of the clipping. The result - Less Bagging! Less Raking! Quicker Decomposition! Wet Grass or Bagging The 40% high lift version of the Gator Mulcher™ does an excellent job of standing the glass blade up straight for a cleaner cut. The HI-LIFT design also creates better air flow for less clumping and better bagging. Abrasive Cutting Conditions Wet Grass or Bagging Gator Mulcher Magnum™ blades feature the same tooth design as the standard Gator Mulcher™, but they are 25% thicker and have a 40% higher lift. Greater durability and faster discharge of grass clippings make the Gator Mulcher Magnum™ ideal for the commercial cutter.

On Gators...

Since I had to work last weekend, I haven't been out to cut the grass in a couple weeks.

Both neighbors cut their grass with their Crapsman and Murray, leaving BIG clumps all over their yards.

Julie went out last night and cut the grass and the 50A with Gators left NO clumps - nice to know we can let the grass go an extra inch an STILL have it look better than either neighbor...

Chip, first of all the 1015 is a lawn tractor not an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> garden tractor so it's off topic here. Second, I believe it's a 32" deck that goes on the 1015. Third, because I'm a nice guy, (under edit:IMHO), I'll be sending you some drawings of the deck assembly via email.

How's that Mr. Ist? :eek:p

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 06, 2004)

Last Saturday, after sharpening the blades and giving the deck spindles a good greasing, I cut a portion of my lawn. Not because it needed mowing but because I needed an excuse to drive the 125. :eek:)

while yer "a-jaw'n" about gators, is there a 42" CI deck option yet? on the horizon? from KENtucky Ken?

Good evening everyone . Can any one tell me if there are any other differences between a 104 and a 124, or are they the same only one was a 10 horse and one a 12. My engine is black so I'am sure it's a replacment . when I start to redo it this winter I would like to know what model to make it or will that be up to me . If I read the registry right it was made in 1968.

Latest posts

Back