• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through June 03, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrobilotta

displayname
Michael Jonathan Robilotta (Boots)
well i gathered a few thoughts overs the weekend
1. has anyone found gator blades to fit a 42in. deck for the 100.
2. not too long ago i saw a muffler i beleive it was IH-1, wondering about the price.
3. on the 100's clutch between the pressure plates and the linkages from the clutch pedal there is a spring probably bout 1-2 inches compressed. wondering where to find one mine kinda broke up.
4. went to mow with the 100 now that i thought it was working and it died after several minutes. cleaned fuel line and seemed to work better. not 100% sure yet since it started raining

Michael J Robilotta

Answer to question #3

Click on one of the sponcers boxes on the top of this page. There you will find one teaser spring.

I found 3 different listing for the teaser spring, 1 on each of 3 different sponcers boxes I clicked on.

So the choice is yours to chose from.

Steve B.

Then it looks like the PO hung a 48" part 2 Deck (probably from an older tractor) on a "humpback" subframe. I did not find a parts diagram for a 48" part 2, but the 42" part 2 (1971-1974) sure looks like mine. So this tractor probably had a 44A or 50A deck hanging on this "humpback" subframe?

I knew the belt tensioner was not adjusting correctly, but it had a new belt and I thought the PO installed a belt that was just a little short.

Steve-
That deck under my 169 isn't new, but when I got it the PO probably could have counted the times he used it on one hand. It had more wear on it from being installed and removed.

Since then I've probably used it all of 10 times myself, mowing my 100' x 90' lot I can't see using the 169 over my 21" pusher.

Ken F,

The 42" and 48" decks both use the same straight deck hanger assembly as that your found in the parts look up. The 42" and 48" decks were out of production for several years when the QL series was introduced and the 44" and 50" decks were the primary decks to select (the 38" deck was still available for smaller horsepower Cubbies). Most likely your 1250 had a 44" or 50" deck that rusted out and the PO stuck a 48" deck under it not realizing that he needed a different mule drive and deck hanger assembly.

If you like, you can post a want ad in the classifieds section to find the correct mule drive/deck hanger for your 48" deck or to find a 44A or 50A mower deck.

Charlie..thanks for the wheel weights page..here's one more for your file..pretty obvious who makes em'..but can't seem to figure out who makes the ones on my original..no numbers..anybody??
87390.jpg

87391.jpg

Can someone give me the bore and stroke of a cub lift cylinder? Either the ones on the wideframes or the ones on the add-on hydraulic lifts will do. Thanks.

Ron S. and others,

So, I have a 1250 with a subframe/mule drive for a 44A or 50A deck, but I have a 48 Part 2 Deck. The main issue with this set up is that I cannot get the deck above 2.5" in cutting height. So these are my options to get a higher cut:

1. Get a 44A or 50A deck and hang it. May require a new belt? Otherwise done?

2. Get another subframe/mule drive for the 48 Part 2 deck. May require new belt?

3. Attempt to modify the hanger bolts/subframe/etc. to get more cutting height with what I have. Mule drive seems to work but the existing belt may be a tad short and that may be putting a little extra strain on the mule drive, etc.

Being new to the CC World, I would like some expert opinions. The 48" deck seems to be pretty sound. It has had the right side gauge wheel bracket rewelded where the deck had rusted away. I believe that the blades would do better if they were spinning faster. It seems to be pretty flat, etc. Should I try to keep this deck? Is it any better or worse than an "A" deck?

I read comments about the large decks being a load on the 14HP motor. Would a 44A be a better deck?

Are the parts so hard to find that I should just fix it by whichever means comes first?

Am I kidding myself about modifying what I have to get another 1" or so of cutting height?

I appreciate any comments. Thanks!!

Anybody know how much resistance a plug wire and coil should have? I have this 107 that starts hard, and I can't figure out why. The plug wire (actual wire, not carbon core) has 1 ohm of resistance, and the coil has about 4 ohms. Is this normal?

Ken F.-

I'd get a 44A or 50A. In my opinion, they cut better than a 48" deck. Without knowing the part number of your current belt, I can't tell you if you'll need a new one or not. The correct belt for a 1450 and 44/50A is only $27 at your local CC dealer.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you a 14 h.p. can't handle a 48" or larger deck. They either:

a) Haven't actually used that combination, and are repeating something they heard somewhere.

b) Have a tired motor or a deck that doesn't spin freely.

c) Are trying to mow a 12" hayfield as fast as they can go.

I've had 48" decks on a number of 12 h.p. tractors, and they had no problem with normal mowing. Get a 50" if you can find it. Otherwise, the 44" would be fine as well.

Matt, not sure about plug wire, but I figure 1ohm probabily ok. As far as coil, Roland Bedell had a diagram a while back that gave resistances, but I cant find it in archives. Maybe Charlie or Kraig can find it for you.

Matt:
here
1 Ohm on plug wire OK too, probably measuring your leads as much as the wire...

Kendell/Allen-

Okay, that checks out. I hooked up the battery and it's got nice blue, strong spark. The carb is clean, it runs great after it is running. The timing is also correct. I guess I'll put some gas in after I get the fenders back on and see what happens.

Had some work for the 149 today cleaning up in front of the Cub Garage.Waiting for parts to get my 147,125and my 2nd O running great.Some times its nice to be the boss lol
87394.jpg

Once again THANK YOU Charlie.

I went to check the condencer and found the wire had broken off the condencer.
Replaced the condencer and now my loader tractor is once again running as it should.

Lonny,
Back when I had that problem, the guy that answered my question replied with this answer.
"Replace the condenser dumba$$"
Which I felt like one more so than usual after I did.
biggrin.gif

Matt,

I used to mow the lawn on our farm with a 1450/50A deck and it didn't have ANY problems.

Adrian-

I agree; the 125 and 122 that I no longer own both had 48" decks and handled them just fine.

If anyone replied to this, I've missed it and I looked a number of times, so I'll pitch it once more in case people have any more words of wisdom to share :)

UPDATE to all who've made suggestions on my 149 that dies after 30-40 minutes of running great... rather than dive into the valves and head gasket arena immediately, I figured I could be more thorough in the fuel system.

I've added an inline fuel filter, and checked the tank lid vent hole. I've disassembled the carb again and removed the metal gas tank for close inspection. I did find some interesting things - one, there was what appeared to be bug parts (or misc. debris) floating around that I've removed. No idea where it came from. I did not see evidence of rust. All pieces have been cleaned again.

Two, my screen filter inside the tank was apparently torn at the base, and as I cleaned the inside with an air hose and rags it came off completely. I wonder if this flopping around could have positioned itself at times to hinder the gas flow. So, with my inline filter on the gas line to the carb, can I forget about the tank screen filter?

Another question - there's a fair amount of play in top part of the choke plate shaft. I know that is affecting the carb operation. Any ideas about a sleeve or bushing of some sort to make a nice snug fit again?

Seems like I need to replace the condenser for sure, and then I'm wondering about the screen filter inside the tank being broken off, and the sleeve or bushing fix to the shaft.

Thanks!!
Kent

50 deck Q here. My new to me 682 had a 50 deck on it that was shot, I found no i.d tag or serial #'s. I picked up a solid 50A deck that the PO had began restoring and then misplaced the pulleys. So my Q is can I use the pulleys from my shot deck on the 50A? The decks look identical. Is the spindal shaft size the same?
We are getting the tail end of a tornado watch(heavy rain), so I ain't venturing outside to snap some pics. Any thoughts?

Back