• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 23, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan K
A 1450 has a hydrostatic transmission and cannot have a rear PTO. The PTO's were only available on gear drive transmissions except for the later 982 and CCC/MTD built clones that had a 2000 rpm PTO that was belt driven through an electric clutch off the rear of the hydro pump.

Paul-
Im not sure what model it came from. The guy only had rear axle assy. and no tractor. from the looks of it it will fit my 1200 just fine

Daniel G - I had the same thing happen to my 44 inch deck a few weeks ago. I was mowing along fine and noticed when I waded into some taller grass the cut wasn't so good and a fair amount of noise had gone away. I thought my engine to deck PTO belt had come off or broke, but it wasn't the case. I had a small strip to finish, maybe 10 yards long and I went back and forth with the center blade and got the grass cut and headed to the house. Turned out to be a rusted out idler pulley.

243765.jpg

I had a spare pulley from a parted out deck, a new set of blades, a speed-up pulley and after a bit of work, was back in business.

greenthumb.gif

Today I was mowing the yard with my 1200 and all the sudden it quit pulling. I found that my creeper drive took a crap. I think its the roll pin on the shifter that has broke. Back to tearing it apart tomorrow evening.
bash.gif

Tom,

I had a truck just like that one except for the bumper. Like a fool, I went and got rid of it.
bash.gif
a_weep.gif

Bryan K,

Check the spirol roll pin(s) common to the drive shaft coupler in front of your creeper first. It have have sheared and your creeper may be OK.

Update about my mower deck. I went to a CC dealer today and got a replacement belt and took that unnecessary noisy idler pulley off. (that was a trip.) I also oiled up the idler arm so it can keep tension better. It's much quieter now and mows great. I hope it stays that way.

I've got a question , I've been wondering what exactly is a speed up pulley? I'd say I'm not a rookie here but I've only been into cubs bout
2-2&1/2 years. I've got a 48" deck on the 104. Was this speed up pulley an option back then?

J.D.: Thanks for setting the stage for a good description of the "speed up pulley". Might be new life to an old discussion but it's something I've been wondering about, myself.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back