• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 23, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pics....lots of fun that day!!!

Wyatt,

To give credit where it is due, I think that the week or so before The National, we were discussing garden plowing on here....then at the show Ken Updike said something like "We should do a plow day like they do with the big tractors".....which led to that discussion out by your truck (I think there was some parts swappin' too, but when Travis is around, when isn't there)....

I, for one, am very glad we tried it that first spring...what a great way to meet and connect with some of the best folks around and have fun doing it!!!!!.....and now look at the "events" pages on the forums......looks like it has caught on!!!!!

Here's a nice little scanned collage......

243718.jpg

Bubba (Chris E.), Steven III on my lap (1 month old), and Steven III with Grandma Wendy........he's closer to 12 than he is to 11 now!!!!!

...Notice the local seed salesman's Scout in the background?

The looks on peoples faces as they drove down the road and slowly stopped....priceless!!!!

12 acres plowed at #1....and we thought that was a BIG DEAL.......

How would you like to pull into the next tractor show with this setup? Original Cub Cadet with #1 cart and all on a International Harvetser #7 being pulled with the IH truck.
243720.jpg

Scanner not working worth a crap so went the old fashion way.

Tom,
I would like to see a bigger and better pic of that.
Try posting a link.

charles graninger

Buy another muffler, I think they are needed to make the engine tune able.

I see now we are talking SNOW duties in what month??.I hope Charlie has parts to fix my 450 this fall.? Charlie !!!
lurking.gif
wedgie.gif
beerchug.gif

HEY!! That's not a Original it's a 70/100. DOH!

Bill,
I could send you the picture from my camera.

Wyatt-
I have a set of the 10.50 'Stones sitting here, but theye're not mounted on a tractor yet.

243728.jpg

Ironically, I just moved the 169 into the other garage today to get those tires swapped on.

I have found a rear axle with pto for around $300.00 and was wondering if this is a good deal or a ripoff. I have seen what some cub parts go for but never seen one like this. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan K.
I've seen the rear PTO rear ends go for that as well. I say it's in the right price range, but try and get 'em down. Just my $0.02.

STEVE - Yes, I have to strongly agree.. I made some friends # PD#1 that will be life-long friends. Lot of great people were there that I was glad I finally got a chance to meet.

I guess we all did too much BS-ing and not enough plowing. Didn't we almost get 50 acres done at a later PD?

One thing I will say, 20 yrs ago you couldn't give away a little sleeve hitch plow, even if it was complete and in field ready condition. Now you can't find them for less than $100 in that condition. And it's ALL because of PD #1.

Steve-
I'd agree too. The greatest thing about the events is that from the beginning they were always a family event, kids and wives are all involved.

I'd agree completely on the plow prices too. I remember right before the first plow day picking up a couple plows and guys wondering what the heck someone would actually use one for. At one time I had 4 plows and I think the most I paid for one was $30. Worth every penny.

Bryan K
Does the PTO rear end have the PTO shifting linkage with it? If it is missing , it can be hard to find. Depending on what model tractor it is from, part of that linkage was bolted to the tractor frame (and was usually left on the frame) with some rods/bars back to the transmission. That was done to get the shift linkage out from under the fender pan on the tractor.

Wyatt,

IIRC, I picked up a plow at a JD dealership on the way to the National, and you took it home with you (maybe that's why we were outside).......I didn't give much for it, made a few bucks, and you still got a really cheap plow......how things have changed!!!!

Paul Bell
The rear axle has all the shift links for the pto. The axle is off of a wide frame think it was a 1450

Hey Steve,

Any idea how far away we are from a date at your folks place?

I should really get out to the garage and finish putting my clutch back together. Don't like finishing at the last minute....like normal.
clappy.gif

Combine isn't even out of the shed, so saying for sure it will be the 13th is still unknown. We are shooting for the 13th, but it may have to be 2 weeks later if the crops are still on....

Turned my 3 bladed 48" mowing deck into a single bladed deck. Was mowing the front yard and didn't even get maybe 5 minutes of seat time before I heard the deck slowing and saw a bunch of rubber flying out of the pulley shields. A few seconds later 2 of the blades ceased movement.
lame.gif

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/drglinski/ccbelt.jpg

Now I gotta find me a belt so I can continue lawn harvesting. I checked the pulleys- no burrs of any kind, hoping this is just an old belt.

Latest posts

Back