• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Which is better to change?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonC

Hello,
I have a 1250 with a non ported pump. I just picked up a rearend with a ported pump, but the previous owner really messed up the axles where the wheels bolt on. I would like to have the ported pump on the tractor I use. Here's my question; which would be easier and better to change. Remove the pumps and switch them so I have one good rearend and transmission, or change the axles so I have a good rearend and transmission. I have been looking and don't seem to find any info on doing either one. I'm not sure what is involved in doing either procedure and what problems I may run into. Can someone steer me to the right place to get educated on this please? Thanks for the help.

I did a little looking at the parts I was needing to change, pump or axles, on ebay to see what they looked like off the tractor. Decided the pump was the easy way to go, and it was. Four bolts and a gasket and it's done. Really very easy.

Latest posts

Back