• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

IH CC 982 Oil Drain Plug

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Red 982

displayname
Big Red 982
For those with the IH CC 982 Onan engine (1983/84 manufacture year) you know the oil drain plug is in a terrible location with with a crazy small bolt head.
I have always hated draining the oil when performing maintenance on it, and so did my Dad since he bought it brand new back then.

I was hoping to finally replace this oil drain plug with either a new one with a larger head or even one of those EZ drain plug valves. Either their EZ-110 or EZ-115, pending if I need a 3/8-18 or 1/4"-18 thread and NPT or NPS? - I'd like help before purchasing

Before I go to the local hardware store to compare with their thread size chart, does anyone else have any input or experience with these drain plugs or EZ drain plug valves? Know what size bolt to look for? I know the bolt head is 3/4" at least.
I also need a new paper style o-ring gasket, I broke the original recently. Any help with those? Would I need one if I go the EZ valve route since they have one built in?

ereplacementparts:
"Oil Drain Pipe Plug" PN: ME-102-0938
"Gasket" PN: ME-102-0743

Attachments

• IH CC 982_drain 1.jpg
    IH CC 982_drain 1.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IH CC 982_drain 2.jpg
    IH CC 982_drain 2.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IH CC 982_onan.jpg
    IH CC 982_onan.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IH CC 982_engine base.png
    IH CC 982_engine base.png
    326.9 KB · Views: 0
For those with the IH CC 982 Onan engine (1983/84 manufacture year) you know the oil drain plug is in a terrible location with with a crazy small bolt head.
I have always hated draining the oil when performing maintenance on it, and so did my Dad since he bought it brand new back then.

I was hoping to finally replace this oil drain plug with either a new one with a larger head or even one of those EZ drain plug valves. Either their EZ-110 or EZ-115, pending if I need a 3/8-18 or 1/4"-18 thread and NPT or NPS? - I'd like help before purchasing

Before I go to the local hardware store to compare with their thread size chart, does anyone else have any input or experience with these drain plugs or EZ drain plug valves? Know what size bolt to look for? I know the bolt head is 3/4" at least.
I also need a new paper style o-ring gasket, I broke the original recently. Any help with those? Would I need one if I go the EZ valve route since they have one built in?

ereplacementparts:
So ask ereplacementparts since you went there first. They are such a great halfa$$ site to deal with and drop ship everything they don't have.

What I would do is bite the bullet, remove the drain plug and take it with you to the parts store, to compare it to any replacement plug they may have. They should also have a selection of crush washers to use as a gasket. If all else fails, a well-fitting pure copper washer would work if you anneal it first (heat red with a propane torch).

ereplacementparts:
For my CC102, Kohler 10hp engine the plug is KH-X-75-10, 3/8-18 thread. On the 'net see EZ Oil Drain Valve (EZ-110) and EZ oil drain L-shaped hose end which permits easy oil drainage. Cubs have terrific technology but IH gave no thought to oil drainage. What I did here makes oil changing almost fun rather than a freakin' messy nuisance.
Cheers, Jack

I have these EZ drain/ Fumuto draina on my large tractor and my daughters Subaru Forrester.
I like that the stem on the end alows for a short hose. Some versions have the end on it rather than having to order that stem as an option. I can put the hose into an old 2.5gallon jug and fill it with the tractor oil. The Tractor is high clearance. I like that my daughter doesnt fill her Belly Pan with oil because Subaru made a way too small access panel. I like that they are reliable enough that it doesnt void the Subaru warranty.
The only thing I dislike is that the small valve opening does increase drain time about 50%.

Latest posts

Back