• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Housekeeping

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Well, after nearly 5 years of pretty hard use at times and with the loader hydraulic pump belt about to fail, I figured I better get at it.
Having a real lull in the snow fall activity for a week or so w/temps forecast and in in the upper to mid 40's, a better time could not have materialized.

So, up on the table and off with the front clip.
The motor needs to come loose and moved forward a bit to get the belt off for replacement.
Also need to replace the fan on the driveshaft. I don't know why these fail, must be brittle or something s it was new when I restored the Cub back in the winter of 2019. Geesh, could it have been that long ag already??
What better time for some housekeeping!
Some mineral spirits and a spray bottle works pretty good along with a good supply of rags.
Not my favorite thing to have to do for sure.
Now, once I get over with the bath, I'll have to watch what I do as I want to keep it as clean as I can for display at RPRU in Spencer, Iowa in June and that will be coming up fast!
And the snow banks are shrinking fast around here today.
Yeah, I know.....just making room for more, right??

Attachments

• DSCN8635.JPG
    DSCN8635.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • DSCN8632.JPG
    DSCN8632.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN8633.JPG
    DSCN8633.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN8634.JPG
    DSCN8634.JPG