• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 06, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Steve- You're singin' my song... (when I get the little boat's hot-rod six straightened out, I'll show 'ya what I think of 'stealth power'...

Just so happens that I've got fragments of a K321 here... grenade gears departed sometime in the past, and PO opened up the pan and apparently gave up. Head's still good, crank, rod, and mebbie piston's still good... have flywheel, governor, etc., but need block and pan. I've been considering using it to build a mild-monster to sneak back under the 109's sheetmetal, but I haven't stumbled upon the right 'parts donor' machine yet. Eventually, I will... :)

Hell with all those big fancy werdz he babbles he could put a 12 in and tell you so but you'd still not know it !

Dave -- I'm still wanting to try recasting an LP head , and if I got into cast iron big enough and had my CNC foam mill finished and could come up with an 18 for a pattern .... well I'd be putting an 18 in the 127 ! Plans ¿ Plans ¿ ya don't need no stinkin PLANS! Just re-read what I typed about my furnace and do it ! Then ya build ya a furance out of a plastic waste paper basket , line it with the ol lady's gravy , melt down some junky IH wheel weights and pour it into a mold made from the hollowed out biscuits that yer ol lady thought you ate yesterday ...

Man I wish I still had that Kohler LP 4 banger water cooled generator that we had at the farm (1950's era)... now that I know how to time a mag .... funny thing what 12 year old boys will take a part ...
happy.gif

Anyone know where I might find a wiring diagram, for Cub 782? Looked on the service manual site but they had only engine diagrams, not the body wires.

Thanks for you advise. I am particulary interested in the seat seat switch circuitry..

Leroy

Does anyone know anything about the new manufactured k301 engines that Kohler offers?

Ken-
I've got one, it's a real simple profile. Need a measurement or a sketch?

2 weeks ago I tackled a project of moving a 10 wide x 16 deep storage shed to my place from my brothers so we could make room for a new shop at his place. We built this shed about 20 years ago and it was in to nice of shape to tear down.aftwer jacking up the front of it about 6 inches with 2 porta powers then blocking it We had a freind with a roll back come in. It was a IH truck.
18593.jpg

18594.jpg

18597.jpg

18598.jpg

only 1 trim board cracked while loading & unloading. it made it down the road at 45mph and didn'nt loose any shingles. it now rests next to my shop. took about 40min. to load

Don -- that was awfully nice of you to take that rotted , falling in , eye sore to your place to dispose of it for your brother
happy.gif

I use to help a guy deliver those things ... made a lot of "midnight" hauls while D.O.T. were sleeping ;) Took one on a truck and 2 behind on a trailer over into Virgina one night, went around curves that you could look out the door window and see the back of the one on the trailer and up and down hills you could see the boards under the trailer.
I put up one of those 10 x 14 metal kits from Lowes last October for my casting shop, wish I could have built one like that. I'm waiting to see how long it takes mine to rust !

Hey Don...

It doesn't look NEARLY as funny as the 2-bedroom bungalow that my dad and I moved from his neighboring lot to a place about a mile away... it took up three lanes of a two-lane road, and I took the chimney off to stay under the wires... :) Driving along, with a big AutoCar grumblin' in creeper-gear, while dad and I stood on the roof with running chainsaws... slicing off tree-limbs as we drove... :)

Only building at my Dad's place that he didn't haul in is the barn
lol.gif

Found some original headlights in the weeds on the way home today!!!
18604.jpg

Dave -- I need the white pines trimmed down my drive , the UPS drivers hate stopping here, they have to re-adjust their mirrors when they leave. It sure is pretty though with snow on them closing in the drive.

Dear By KENtuckyKEN (Kweaver),

Thanks for the info on the wiring diagrams. I also found some info at the below links, if any one else needs a wiring diagram for their unit. I finally solved my "loss of power after it gets hot" problem. Turns out the seat switch was the problem. It was a normally open switch instead of a normally closed switch. I got suspicious after noticing that I could run the blades fine in the shop and the mower would quit when I was actually cutting grass. Never could figure out why it would wait to do it after it got hot. Bypassed the switch, and cut the whole yard with no problems. After staring at the wiring diagram for a while, it seems that the switch is supposed to stop the blades when no one is sitting in the seat and kill the engine. With the wrong switch and a partially bad PTO switch, my problems where a bit difficult to diagnose. I am glad I didn't have to do a motor tear down.

Thanks again for all your guys help..

Leroy

Wiring diagram Link:

http://www.ihregistry.com/ref/wire.htm

Engine Service manuals link:

http://www.kohlerengines.com/service_manuals.html

Leroy -- naw don't need the extra links , my units wired just fine
happy.gif
but now there's some one here that could use a re-wiring.
Those seat switches can be a pain ! I took it off my 2166 after the second time it shut off. I couldn't even lean over to go under a tree without it killing the engine ... and then there's the no cut in reverse switch ...

well crap !! there went the 127 PTO <font color="119911">GREEN</font> belt ... that's what I get for mowing through the woods riding over trees. Hadn't mowed for a couple of years so it was getting time to cut some timber !
All was well until a 4" dead one went up under the front and hit the belt
sad.gif

Hey I've got a 149 that runs rough when it warms up. It will run fine for a while and will idle fine. Once it gets hot if you speed it up it will actually shut the tractor down. It acts like it's under load but it's not. If anyone can tell me whats wrong I would appreciate it.

Back