• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through July 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith, there is NO washer under the bolt head on either of my mule drives. The Parts Lookup listing of just one flat washer I believe confirms my suspicion that my spare mule drive has a washer between the adjuster bolt and the pulley bracket where it doesn't belong. It's possible that I accidentally put that washer in there when I put it back together after having the adjuster bolt rewelded (note the fresh paint on it in my earlier posts) It was apart for a week or so and I was working on some other Cub related stuff and the hardware might have gotten mixed.
blush.gif

Gerry, Mark, the only ported hydros that I'm aware of that were shipped in Cubs with manual lifts were due to short supply of the hydraulic valve. And it was only the Cub Cadet 169 that were shipped that way. Not sure about a shortage of non-ported hydros forcing the use of ported hydros in other 1x9 models.
dunno.gif

227540.jpg

Kraig - you've answered it, that's what I was thinking of..

So...does this mean, for example that I could put a ported pump on my manual lift 1250 and just cap off the ports until later? I happen to have an extra ported pump and was thinking about doing the conversion but I'm not crazy about tackling the rockshaft part right now.

I guess this might be one for Marlin.

Wayne, here's a page from the manual that was include with the 169 Hydraulic lift install to prepare the ported hydro for the change to hydraulic lift. I suspect you'd have to do a reversal of this if you were to cap the ports.
dunno.gif

227543.jpg

Hi All-

Been a while since I posted, but I have a Cub 682 and am buying a snow Blade off my brother that he had on his 128. I am assuming it will fit on my 682? Also, is there an attachment to attach the snow blade lift rod (from the blade to the manual lift rod) to the manual Lift rod that lowers and lifts the blade or mower deck? His 128 had a hole at the bottom of the lift rod. i don't think my 682 has one.

Thanks!

JB, yes, there is a bracket that attaches to the bottom of the lift arm. Not a very good photo but...

227545.jpg

And, yes, the blade sub-frame should fit.

JB, if you use the parts lookup and look for either the 316 Snowblade Mounting Package, 190-316-000 or the 377 Snowblade Mounting Package, 190-377-000 you can access a drawing of the part(s).

No parts book around..... Is the head on the K301 the same as on on K241?

Latest posts

Back