• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through July 13, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Charlie and Paul for helping me find the manual and oil check point for my hyrdro trans!
appreciate the help!

Don T.
Not only No! But HEdoubleL No!
biggrin.gif

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

Now who said you did not have a sense of humor !

wedgie.gif
cubwinker.gif

Mad as a wet hen
227518.gif

Let's see that new Plow Day Dance
227519.gif

But can he fly ?
227520.gif

devil1.gif

227521.gif

I've been a verrrry bad boy ...

I took a load to the scap yard today. Got over to the place to unload and there sits a pretty decent 107. I asked the guy about it, he said the guy was upset. Paid 500 bucks for it this morning gave it to his son to mow the grass, nobody checked the oil, threw a rod out the side of the block before the yard was done. guy loaded it up and scrapped it. dam

Quick question about a hydro pump from a 109. It does have caps over the two ports that operate the hydro lift. Are all of these functional by taking off the caps? Or are they missing something internally? I am looking at one from a 109 without the hydro lift, but has caps over the ports.
Thanks for all your help here. Mark

Mark:
If your 109 actually has a ported pump for hydraulics, check this Cubfaq 90.. To my knowledge, very few Cubs were shipped with ported pumps but without the actual lifts - Kraig, you can chime in here anytime..IIRC it had something to do with a shortage of non-ported pumps (Did the 10 horse come with the hydraulic lift??)

Also - note that we have an authority here on Hydros - Marlin Homrighausen who can answer anything you'd want to know about the Sauer-Danfoss 15 series hydro pump/motor unit used on the Cubs. There is a good thread in the Sandbox area on Hydros, including a link he posted to S-D info...
thumbsup.gif

Kraig,

Thanks for the updated information. Just out of curiosity, is there a washer under the head of the bolt? It's probably worth noting that according the parts lookup, there are only two washers required - one 3/8" split lock washer, and one 13/32 x 3/16 x .065 flat washer. (I think that washer measurement is wrong, but that's what it says on the Cub Cadet parts lookup.)

Gerry,

I do not own the tractor. This unit came from a 109 and I am looking to purchase it for my 1250. Just got done converting my 1250 to hydro lift and the speed in reverse is not as fast and seems to lack the power it had in reverse before the change.
I did repair the trunion slot and put in new springs and new automatic valves before I installed it. Not sure why it does not have the power of the non-ported original pump in my machine. Also noticed that I have to give it more adjustment going up hills than before-does not seem to carry as common a speed as before. Should I be looking for another pump? Forgot to mention that it leaks a few drops from where the pump halves are joined together only when it runs, leaves a couple spots and no more when it sits.
Thanks, Mark

Mark G. Quickie here before going to work. You say the pump leaks just a little where the aluminum and the cast housings are joined together? That little leakage could be the cause fo the pump not performing quite as well as it should. That tiny little spot which could be from a simple thing as a hair (sounds silly) being caught between the surface area and the gasket. It affects case pressure which in turn will affect other internal pressures. Hope this helps.

Off to work...

Latest posts

Back