• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie and Dan,

Dan is right it is for a Cat0. I've been working on making my own 3 pt and want to compare my design thickness to the orginal.

Charlie, that drawing is of a QAxx not a QAxxA. Here's the QAxxA:

79609.jpg

Kraig,
True, but depending on what he's lookin for, the measurements will be the same.
And yes, I know the difference.
proud.gif

David Gallagher -

For a crankpin, .0005 to .0015 clearance on the diameter is ideal. You could probably get by with clearances up to .0020, but you would hear the extra noise.

Your measurements indicate that you're probably at about .0025 - .0300 clearance. This is basically what you'll find in a seriously worn out engine.

First, I'd check the micrometer. Most 2" mics should include a 1" standard. Measure the standard, not only does it check the micrometer, but you can check out your "touch".

On the bad news side, the fact that you can rattle the rod on the crankpin indicates a clearance in the .003 or bigger category.

I think you probably need to grind the crankpin down and use the .010 under connecting rod.

Lee

Thanks to Lee and the others who responded to my question on the crank. I will get this thing rebuilt one day.

Can anyone tell me what the bearing number is for the top of the steering tube on a 1450 that replaces the bushing?
Thanks

Charlie
That would be part #2 and #18 on the diagram
that Kraig posted.Need the length and also the hole distance.

Thanks for the come back
Dick K

...and now for something completely different.

First, the background. I had gotten some new rear tires for the 71 earlier this fall and finally had a chance to put them on today.

79616.jpg

As you can see, I got the direction of the tread right this time, but not before realizing that the goof who mounted the the tires on the rims messed up and mounted 3 of the tires going the same direction. Sheez....some people..
screwloose.gif
A quick trip to Fleet Farm and I was back in business. Before I left however I made sure I gave them a few "words" for scratching up my freshly powdercoated rims.
rant.gif

79617.jpg

These tires are designed for a vintage (small) skidsteer. They are 5.70X12 size. The 6-12 sized dual-wheel-spacers are a little long (far apart) for a tire this skinny, but it works.
79618.jpg

They make cool tracks in the snow, but I'm here to tell you that they DO NOT get good snow traction. (Even before they were dualed-up)

79619.jpg

With these dual tires I'll probably end up throwing the deck on this tractor and use it in the summer to trim the hill out back.

After mounting up the tires, I changed out a bad axle seal on the Plow Special.
79620.jpg

Art,
Looking good. Even if they don't get good traction they do look cool. But don't you have a Greene tractor to be working on. Your supposed to have it done for PD aren't you?
bouncy.gif

good mornin, just was laying in bed and was wondering about puting hydralics on my 100 (old smokey) i got to ask will a power steering pump from say a old chevy work for a pump? it has its own tank and everything plus it dont cost a small fortune to get a good one,unlike the cub cadet pumps, lmk what ya think,jared

Art A. Nice looking tires.

Checked outside at 5:00 a.m. and just saw freezing rain. Now it's snowing. Not much though so hopefully anything major misses us.

Jared C.-

That's how I'm putting hydraulic lift on my 582. It should work well, you'll just need to find a valve and cylinder as well.

I guess I should have elaborated a bit about the 1650/.loader. Is has a separate pump driven by the PTO. It is a Cessna pump. I was told that the hydro pump on the tractor would not provide enough volume for a loader, though it really doesn't matter to me as this was set up this way when I bought it.

As for as a little more ummph, I realize very well that I wouldn't or shouldn't be transporting a large load, but having the extra power to dig or pull something out of the ground would be handy.

digger is that a power steering pump? im gonna take the 16hp off the 169 that the rearend is out of restore the 100 put hyd on it then mow like hell!!

I owe Ray Weaver a
thumbsup.gif
for going beyond the call of duty on a couple hydro relief valves. Ray:
wave.gif
. This one's for you
beerchug.gif
bubbly.gif

Aaytay: You put chains on those guys and they become pretty good work tires for snow. I have done it to the front of my 7264 and made a difference. You will really like them for yard work and hill side climbing.

Yep I know from experience.
wave.gif

Pops

charlie, does that 108 have two cylinders or just the one side? I have wondered about using a power steering unit also but was unsure if it would have enough volume and flow.Thats a nice plow/ bucket setup, just add cylinders and spool valve.

Latest posts

Back