• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 16, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man you guys have got me thinking now. back out to the garage to see what kind of parts I can find.

Again, Can anyone tell me what the bearing number is for the top of the steering tube on a 1450 that replaces the bushing?
Thanks

All I know about it is having the pics, sorry.
I'm sure Kraig or someone knows more about the who,what and why.
79630.jpg

79631.jpg

Personally, I could never figure out why guys went to all the trouble when the hydraulic lift add-on was so easy to do and available, but that's just me.
biggrin.gif

79632.jpg

Larry N.-

It's just a front wheel bearing from any Cub Cadet that uses 3/4" front spindles.

Charlie-

That won't work on my 582, and a lot of people can't afford those things. I sure couldn't justify the cost of one of those....

Larry N.
If your referring to the parts lookup that shows a Upper Column Bearing, it's 741-3000. If your talking about the ball bearing that some use to replace it with, it's a front wheel bearing.
Now if you want the part number for that, IH-384881-R93.

Matt G.
My time is worth more than the $175.00 I paid for that one in the pic and $225.00 for the other one I bought.
79634.jpg

I guess stuff is higher in your neck of the woods.
biggrin.gif

Charlie P. If'n that is the 125 that you showed me last fall that is one cool little 125. Angel just hasn't quite warmed up to me getting it yet. She knows that I'd have the snowthrower on it in in a heartbeat. Plus... I'd need just a hydrualic system for my present 125 so that I could plow with it.

The snow has pretty much stopped. Now the dang wind is whipping it around something fierce. I'm not going to have to leave the snowthrower on the 125 and put the plow on back for Plow Day am I? I won't have any right arm left.

Charlie-

Not everyone stumbles across those. I've never seen one at any auction I've been to in the 5 years I've been doing this.

Charlie, no details on that power steering hydraulic lift setup. That Cub was bought and promptly resold by Pat Irlbeck several years ago. I think he kept it just long enough to take those photos.

Latest posts

Back