• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 08, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome to the forum!!
WELCOME.gif

the 169 is a wide frame, the QA you have must be a QA-xxA , and have the mounting frame that has the 2 sets of holes in it so that the ears can be moved out 1 inch per side..

ty scott. im not yet in possession of the blower and have never actually been near one. any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Eliza B - hey welcome to the Forum. Geez it's almost hard to believe as a Newbie you start out with a 1974 TOP OF THE LINE Model 169!!!!(I like the ring of that). I see Scott provided you some good info on the snow thrower that fits your unit. I generally refer to it as the "Suffix A" version. Just so you know, IH made a QA36 and QA42 which only fit Narrow Frame tractors. When the Wide Frames tractors came out they introduced the QA36A and QA42A, which could mount to either a Narrow or Wide Frame tractor. It seems the "A" suffix supposedly indicates "Adjustable", based on being able to fit either unit. For some reason I've seen alot of ads for throwers and if people even list the Model number many will not list that "A" suffix. You'll probably have to ask them to verify. I believe the ID tag is on the upper back of the housing and lists this Model number, along with a serial number on some. It is a very nice single stage thrower that works really well when it's in good condition. I used to love using mine when I lived in CT.
By the way, give us some details on your 169, post some pics, show us the tractor frame ID tag and the engine ID tag, and count the cooling fins on the engine to see if there are 12 or 13 (13 is beefier casting). How's the dang muffler, that you just absolutely can't find original replacements for? Let us know.

Charlie - geez, I'm surprised they do. After you went and bought all those boxes/pallets of IH stamped bolts. By the way, I see you're in for a BLIZZARD!!!!!!!!! We want PICS!!!!!

I went to the FAQ page for some info on the Product ID, but the link is no longer in use. Does anyone have the Product ID listing on copy??
Thanks!

Tom - if you want the IH Kind Codes go to Charlies FAQ #97. And if that isn't enough I sent you a couple lists.
Hey - how bout some pics of the tractor frame ID tag and the 13fin tags of that 169??? Gots to know when it was born.

Harry,
Got it. Thanks
I did check the Forum FAQ but I didn't know Charlie has his own private stash. WTH is that at??

haa haa harry!!!! would you believe i merely asked for it and it was given to me? it was terribly neglected but all i had to do was give the old girl a hug a little lucas n shes been a doll. shes currently on vacation in my garage so i will try n get sum pics up soon as this gosh darn snow melts.
we wont discuss the muffler at this time....:/

yall have been awesome.....ty so much for ur help

Well got the 169 in out of the snow and ice, and with some hoaxing I got her running. WIll need some TLC but.....
253406.jpg

253407.jpg

Snow must be 4' on my back deck and it is still snowing . I will need more than a Cub to clean up this mess.

CHARLIE - So... #119 is the current cat. number. Last one I got was #104. Last place I worked we had a bunch of guys actually CALL them and request catalogs and they said we didn't do enough business with them in the past to warrant a catalog.

Like a purchasing professional told me 20+ yrs ago, "McMaster is a great reference book, they have and can ship ANYTHING in that huge catalog today, but with a little work you can find the same stuff cheaper and closer." But that said, for the common person, not a business, they're good.

Denny,
Yep, I just got it the other day.
As far as cheaper and closer. TIME is the thing to me.
I spend no less than 2 hours a days sourcing parts, and to me, placing an order at 4:30 P.M. and having it on my doorstep by 7:30 A.M. more than makes up for the TINY extra cost.
biggrin.gif

Tom H.
CUBFAQ.COM has been up and running since early 1995! WTH you been? LOL

For what its worth, my 1984 782D came with plain moon hub caps. We only got about 6" of lite fluffy snow.

OK!!! So...what's the secret to getting the Kohler service manuals to down load sos I can print off a copy!!!???

I go to the Kohler site and it no sooner starts than says it's done an nuttn' downloads. The manual section on here has nothing for the Kohlers,just brings up a more or less blank forum title page.

Anyone got a link that will actually work

Dave S.

David S.
I just tried both links in the FAQ's and they both work just fine.
Both downloads started up, ended, and I saved them with no problem.

When the little PDF icon shows up, right click and save.

Paul B.,

First is the one I posted the page from yesterday:

253425.jpg

And the number on the back:

253426.jpg

I believe this may be the one that you have:

253427.jpg

And the number on the back:

253428.jpg

Tom yours is #523670 and mine is # 523095 not too far apart

I peeled the curling up sticker off and revealed the metal one underneath, neither are any good but I will stick em in the cub draw

253437.jpg

Back