• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through February 07, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
I did a transaction with fellow forum member Tom H today and these IH items traded homes these moved to Ridott, Il
220881.jpg

220882.jpg

220883.jpg

And this moved to Cary, Il
220884.jpg

Tom hope your ride home went well

I am thinking about buying a 1641 with a 39 in mower and a snowblower. Anything that I should look at in particular when we go to look at?

By the way, the 1650, with the plow that isn't made for it, is holding up well and is getting us through the winter!

Beth in snowy Syracuse

Dennis F. I've always liked the way the Red Cub Cadets reminded me of the 30 and 50 Series IH tractors. And yes, it was a blessing that the starter went out at a place where someone could fix it for me. I can't wait to bring the Dakota and the 782 home.

It was cold and windy yesterday when these pictures were taken. I had on my old Carrhart jacket so we weren't going to take time to scoop all the snow away. The mower deck and side shields are in a shed. It will need some TLC and it will be getting a paint job as soon as the weather warms up.

The engine is a Series II and I was told the hydro was completely rebuilt about four years ago. It has all four IH hubcaps. The plastic dash will need replacing as it has some serious wear on the one corner. The trailer lights will be replaced with OEM rear lights. Fancy hasn't seen the pictures yet only he sure keeps looking in the garage when we go outside. Angel said that even she thinks it isn't too bad of shape.
220901.gif

220902.jpg

220903.jpg

220904.jpg

Nice find Marlin and thanks for the compliment on the welding up of the new trunion.

still cant get my 125 to start. timing, fuel, spark, new battery, compression.all seem good. points are not best of shape but she just wont spin over fast.

i have a 582 and rebuilt it 2 years ago. I thought i had it all torqued to specs, but had a few bolts fell off the back shroud they fell out and broke fins off the fly wheel and tore the shroud up. was i supposed to lock tite the bolts or what should've i have done?? now it's leaking oil everywhere, and it gets hotter then the blazees and wont run after a few minutes of running, any suggestions??

Here is the last machine that came with the 1200 and 1250 I bought. This one is a bit of a wonder. hydro drive but has a 86 dash. No tags to be found.
220910.jpg

Some extra motors
220911.jpg

picture of hydro
220912.jpg

more engines
220913.jpg

more engines and finaly the last engine

This sleeve hitch came with a 149 and I have no idea why it has the additional piece welded on it. Just curious.
220917.jpg

jerimiah, no on either. i think it is a simple problem because when it did start it ran better than my o which starts first crank

old.gif

Tim,
Check you grounds,and get the the hydro warmed up,if it's not in a heated building.
I fool with gear drives,but seen to many post about hydros not cranking fast enough to start when temp is low.
ROD

Jeff --I recommend removing the engine and disassembling it down to the mains. My 16 HP B&S blew up less than an hour after it started leaking oil badly. I've taken the fly wheel off and found a bolt that should have been inside the crank case outside the crank case --no idea of how it got there. I can't find a hole in the crank case, but I haven't finished disassembling it yet.

When I was inside it the last time I wish I had checked the clearance on the mains, I believe that is the root cause of why the engine blew.

Anyway, what you describe is serious trouble, no doubt about it.

rod, exactly what my dad said. he thinks it is in the transmission. i am turning that along with the engine so tomorrow i am unhooking the driveshaft to see if that makes a difference. will let you know.

Michael brought up an excellent point about cub tinkering!

Michael S.

That sleeve hitch is off a JD garden tractor

We haven't posted much or any on here but this is a daily stop for me. Here is a picture of my sons project 1200. He started on him(Cubby) 2 years ago..... not much more to go.... He's ready to mow this Spring.
220934.jpg

Hey Charlie,

Actually, my son's name is Ryan. I set this account up for him. He is 12 years old. I'm dad, Brian.

He'll be looking on here tomorrow. He is so excited to being close to done.

Thanks

Ryan, that's a great looking quietline! It sounds like you took your time and did it right. That always pays off in the end.

Brian, it looks like you got a fine young man on your hands - congratulations!

Back