• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
RYAN G. - The sponsors who sell used parts can make sure You get a CC-Spec engine. Kohler made engines for green, several shades of orange, and some blue, and yellow tractors and many other applications and the crankshafts & oil pans all varied. Cub Cadet was consistent in their mounting footprint at least so a CC 10 thru 16 HP pan will bolt in place of a 7 HP pan and space the crankshaft centerline correctly in the verticle & horizontal plane, and all the crankshafts are 1" dia. and the right length. The CC specific parts will bolt up to the other blocks but there's no telling if they'll actually work.

Rob D., CUBGRATULATIONS!!!<sup>©</sup>

Ken, Art has an SO76, so no need for him to get an 85. however he has a loooong way to go before he has his property all paved over and built on.

KEN - Curt's considered using Invisble Pet Fencing on His Roommates at school. ;-) Just wait till Your Twins aer old enough to walk & climb. Everything You & Your Wife own will be on top of the Fridge.

Ken, I was tempted once to use a shock collar on my younger brother......... I didn't. :eek:)

Hey, I'm the "Younger brother" here!!! Your bringing back my youth, and it aint pretty.

I was rolled up in the hall rug and stood up in the closet when I was "in the way".
crazy.gif
Or better yet, when my brothers had to baby sit me they would put a 25 pound weight on each end of the long bar and place it over my neck. Had about 1/2 an inch clearance on my throat, but couldn't get my head or body under it. There I would lay till they let me go.

Good thing I can laugh about it now.....

Tedd, clearly you needed a younger brother of your own........

Don,

He has plenty of other tractors...that's just the newest one.

The other night he said..."Daddy, I don't like it when you take my new excavator, you should take my old one that I don't like as much"

The new 1486 and Bobcat excavator "hit hard" when you need to make a point with him
happy.gif
happy.gif

Too dang smart for a 3-1/2 year old!!!!!

Keith-
Thanks for the "warm fuzzy" this morning. Duct tape always says "I love you". You know, When you care to send the best...
;-)

Ken-
Yep, I'm trying my damnedest to turn this beautiful 2-acre palacial estate into one giant NASCAR like pit area. Kraig's right, I've got the SO76 to mow with, but I paid so damn much for it that I don't dare even take it off of it's pedestal in the living room!
roflol.gif

Travis-
I see you got those brand new PTOs in stock that we were talking about. When are you getting the REPRO slant grills wth the bullet hole already cast into them again? I forgot...
baldguy.gif

Rob-
Congtrats!

(Message edited by aaytay on August 26, 2004)

Engine guru help!!
I have a 14 hp I rebuilt and the governor has an obscure tendency to not work. It throttles down and will idle but at hi speed it hits 3600 and keeps right on going ( throttle it down again when I think it goes over 3600) the gov. never comes on to slow it down again. I have it reset per the kholer manual, but do I need to adjust the sensitivity?

Andrew H. -

You don't usually have to touch the sensitivity setting as long as you put the spring back in the same hole as it was in before you took it apart.

One thing for you to check - if you have the governor arm too close to the brass nut, sometimes it will bind, causing it to not work. Make sure the arm is as far out on the shaft (ie, away from the block) as possible and check it for free movement.

Kraig - there's a post in the Cub Cadet Pulling and Hot Rodding area here that needs some of your photo magic
happy.gif

(Message edited by rmunday on August 26, 2004)

Rick, I posted the best photo I could find, don't know if it'll do or not though.

LOL! Well, I'm sure it'll be more help than none.
I'm still trying to find one to stump you on ;)

Here's one for the books. Started the 1450 to move it out of the garage today and it started running rough, wouldn't idle but ran good at full speed.

Pulled the side cover off and at mid speed noticed the govenor was hunting. While I was watching it noticed the air cleaner was vibrating at a different speed than the engine. Stopped it, checked and found the two bolts holding the carbruetor on to the block were loose allowing air into the engine. Don't know why they came loose, the carb hasn't been off since I installed a new 16 hp engine three years ago.

Cleaned everything up and put some locktite on the bolts when I put it back together. Never had one come loose before and I have never used locktite on those bolts before.

Richard, question for you, is that a 1450 with a 16hp engine or was that a typo? Just curious. Good thing you caught the loose bolts before anything serious happened.

Richard C. -

As long as you brought up Loctite, I've been talking to Cap'n Kirk about my muffler issue, and he said that a dab of Loctite blue (262) would be fine on the bolt up top.

I've got a long list of bolts to check since this happened, who knows what else shook loose...

Latest posts

Back