• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H. -

But you can always take her "antiquing" in El Paso afterwards...
lol.gif

Steve, Keith, etc... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's going through the keeping-kids-in-bed stage. Nick has been having quite a time of it for the last two-three months, and Mom had a LONG-winded complaint about it. Unfortuantely, I'm off on business, so the Chief Gard Dawg ain't home to bark when little-boy comes creepin' out...

There's no real reason to put a towel on the tractor-seat, but sometimes the doggy gets a little 'excited' when that big single-cylinder gets goin'...

Hey- that reel-mower would look a whole lot cooler if it was on the end of a springer-fork Sting-Ray, with an AG tire on the back! :-} That'd be quite the cover-ride for LowRider Bicycle magazine, huh? Ape-hangers, with an IH symbol on the bob-tail fender?

Kevin D,

I'm pretty sure you can get a tach for that diesel at the same place they have carbeurator fuses for 782Ds. ;-)

Are you going to the Edgerton show again this year? Can you still get in free with a "show" tractor?

JimE

STEVE - Thanks for the Locktite #. I went to pay Apostle Ken a visit last Sat. and He must have been home taking care of the Twins. Wife & I are going shopping Sat. AM so I'll hit My other C/IH dealer. Have to get "Truck Filters" this weekend. TOM H. - My Buddy & I are going to Edgerton next Sat. Last time I went there it cost Me LOTS of $$$$$$. That's where I saw My 982 for sale. CFO is already telling Me THAT ain't happening again! I'll look for you!

Kraig, Kevin,

Man...talk about a "Brainy Smurf".....cool though!!!!

Does the 127 Cub have the same bolt pattern on the rear end cover as the Wide Frames and the Quietlines? Never seen one.

I have an 1100 series tractor, serial no. 2050590U628187*. Blew the engine a couple of years ago. Planned on replacing the engine but got involved with other projects. I believe I'll have time this coming winter.

I understand this particular tractor had a 'cross over' engine. Not sure specifically what that means, but I understand finding a replacement is difficult. I'd like to put the largest engine in that the model can handle. The original engine, I believe, was rated at 10.5 HP.

If anyone has the answer, please provide the specifics needed to purchase. I'd also need to tap an individual's installation expertise from time to time. Please let me know if that's agreeable (I'm assuming the same individual identifying a replacement also has the expertise I'm looking for).

Thanks.

Richard,

Yes, same as all of the CI housing hydros (only different patterns are on the later MTD made AL housing tractors).

Also same as gear drive with exception of the fill plug location.

Hmmm, maybe I'll let someone else tell him...
lol.gif

Thanks Steve, I thought they probably were but I needed to know for sure today.

Richard C.

Charlie -

You mean not even if we use a LART??

BTW, e-mail's down. Hell, the whole house is down, power's been out since around 2:30 this morning.

Nope, that won't even do it! grin

BTW I was gonna tell you that your email was bouncin, but dint want to get accused of a "superfluous" post, snicker

Peter,

The 1100 is off topic here. It looks like a Cub Cadet, but it is a "Lawn Tractor" trying to be a "Garden Tractor" Good luck in your search for help. Maybe across the street you may find some help on it. I forgot the what the link is for them though....

Tedd -

You forgot? How convenient!!
roflol.gif

Charlie -

Now would I do that?
wink.gif

Kevin D,

Tach - I had thought about the alternator approach. If I remember correctly from the 782D I traded with my SIL, the alternator stator wiring comes out to an external rectifier/regulator mounted separately. It should be possible to tap it the way they did on the Caddy as mentioned in Kraig's link (where does he find this stuff anyway?). If you want, I could bring a scope around sometime so we could look at the signals.

Actually I think using a separate pickup is the way to go. Since you have a fully equiped shop at work (and plenty of customer cars for experiments/donors) it shouldn't be hard to set up.

JimE

Latest posts

Back