• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of late, I have been using a lot more Loc-Tite on my 14hp and 16hp Kohlers........I LOVE the power, but it comes at a price!!!!

For anyone in the area...
Canfield Fair is Labor Day weekend.
Canfield, Ohio (Nice Steam exhibit and other tractors).
Not sure about other tractors (Cubs),
I only recently acquired the Cub virus.
Mike

I'm a big fan of the Loctite, the red stuff. It's amazing how much better the stuff works when you clean threads with acetone and use the Loctite primer, you really do have to use heat to loosen things up.

FWIW, if you can't take the sticker shock at the stores, Grainger has it fairly reasonable, even better if your employer's registered with them, then stuff gets to be near wholesale cost.

one more thing- Loctite 777 is fuel-resistant, usually spec'd on diesel pressure fittings. If you buy fuel fittings with NPT threads they'll usually be pre-applied with the stuff.

(Message edited by wcompton on August 26, 2004)

Anyone know what kind of store one would go to to find roll pins for a creeper?

I tried Farm+Fleet but they only have spiral pins.

Hardware store?

I don't want to buy them from a CC dealer because their prices are probably higher.

MATT - If a really good hardware store doesn't have them try an auto parts store. Look for the Orange DORMAN bins.... WYATT - You know the L/T Red, 277 I think it is, Red with "LUBRICITY - Teflon added" looks like cherry jelly, smells like cherry jelly..... You suppose it tastes like it too? Yep, Wrench Better Chemically.... Put Anti-sieze all over it so You can get it apart again in 20+ yrs..... but have to put Locktite on it so it stays together that long... I keep looking for the stuff Steve B calls Grape Jelly but I can never remember the number!

Kraig
Its a 1450 but I replaced the engine with a new one about three years ago and a 16 hp wasn't that much more so I bought it. If I had to do it over again I would probably just get a 14 hp as the old 14 hp did everything I wanted and ran a lot smoother. I may rebuild the origingal 14 hp and put it back in and then use this 16 hp on a 1650 sitting back in the garage waiting for a complete restoration.

Who ever posted that pic of the bike with the front fork being a mower did you get that off the simple tractors forum?

(Message edited by wphelps on August 26, 2004)

I thought this site
http://www.emachineshop.com/
might be of help to someone.

I've got the 129 and 44a mechanically sound thanks to the forum and it's sponsors. She will come apart again in the winter for "bodywork".

Richard

Matt G.
I am supprised that Farm & Fleet would have sprial pins and not roll spins.
CC dealer will cost you a $1.00 a pin, at least that what I paid for the ones I purchased from my CC dealer, go 10 of them when I started doing drive shaft work on my 102 & 122.

Will,

What is the "Simple Tractors Forum"?

Richard,

Thanks for posting that eMachineshop link.
I was curious about that site.

Mike

21151.jpg

Mike J. -

Um, <font color="ff6000">Simple trACtors</font> is a site for Simplicity and Allis Chalmers lawn & garden tractor collectors. But I'm sure you plugged the term into Google and already know that
lol.gif

Richard T. -

A towel on the seat? Expecting something to happen?
lol.gif

Does anyone have an aftermarket analog tachometer on their DIESEL Cub Cadet and where did you get it? I've been looking but can't seem to find one. It needs to work on a 3 cylinder machine,not sure if they're adjustable that way either. Thanks boys.

Rob D.-Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

Mike J. -

You do bring up a good point, though. If it is from somewhere other than one's personal photo collection, an attribution would be nice, lest the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">Democracy of Two&#153;</FONT> get a nastygram from some other site's moderator(s).

Denny,

LocTite 515 AKA "Grape Jelly" is a gasket eliminator...good stuff.

CIH dealers stock it under the CIH brand name in a white/black squeeze tube with the words "Gasket Eliminator" (LocTite 515 in small print)

It's kinda like an American Express Card....."never wrench without it"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Rick M. there is a tractor show Saturday in Amboy Il. IH is featured. Chapter#2 will be there also so we can get you signed up. I plan on having the 1000 there.

Rick "M",
Two of the <font size="+2">BIG</font> shows are going to be on the Labor Day weekend. Pontic,Illinois has the Threshermans Show and the other one (where I'm planning on going to) is the Edgerton, Wisconsin Show.

AND GELN BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH ON THE AMBOY SHOW!

(Message edited by thoffman on August 26, 2004)

Hey Glenn,
Might have to have you talk to the wife about Plow Day. She's not too "receptive" about going to a open field with about 100 guys playing with Cub Cadets for a Wedding Aniverisity "gift".

Latest posts

Back