• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Monkeying around in Shultzie's garage

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was another mowing day yesterday. The zero turn broke again. This got ripped off the mower deck. Stacey said "it's not mowing right, something is wrong".
View attachment 157695
I think it started out just being a bad pulley, but we use headphones when mowing. That's risky because you can't hear the mower well enough to catch small problems before they turn into large ones. From the looks of the lawn it stopped mowing for about 30 yards and then caught and ripped off the weldment.
View attachment 157696
View attachment 157697
So I have about a week to get this back together. Sorry the last pic is a little blurry.
The unit still looks meaty. Not a rust heap. Do you have a welder?

I got it prepped for welding last night. I believe it will be OK. I also found some wear in other places I plan to take care of while I have it off.
IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0691.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

RAllison, Yeah, it might be. LOL
On top of the mower deck I had the string on the leaf blower break. When it rains it pours.
IMG_0689.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

That's too funny that you said "when it rains it pours". After I dropped the deck I went and got a Simplicity I have to finish the yard. I managed to catch the bagger on a rope ladder my grandkids play with. It stopped the tractor dead in it's tracks and bent the crap out of things. After I was done mowing I drug my IH chipper into the garden and managed to seize the shaft on that! All in about an hours time...geeeez

That's too funny that you said "when it rains it pours". After I dropped the deck I went and got a Simplicity I have to finish the yard. I managed to catch the bagger on a rope ladder my grandkids play with. It stopped the tractor dead in it's tracks and bent the crap out of things. After I was done mowing I drug my IH chipper into the garden and managed to seize the shaft on that! All in about an hours time...geeeez
Are we related???

:ROFLMAO:

Had to be on the road for 3 days last week for work, so I'm a little behind schedule. I got the mower deck welded up and put back on last night. Wife is happy to be mowing again. :bluethumbsup:
IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

Back