• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Cub cadet 1250

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The NF and the WF calls for different lift arms (proper nomenclature)

NF IH-473924-r1 (short)

WF IH-548590-r1 (long & under serial #665,000)

Those arms are made from 3/8" mat'l and are quite hefty.
Thanks for the investigation David. I didn't want to call it a lift arm because people immediately think 2 (at least I do when someone says arm. Otherwise my thought goes to one-arm bandits).

And you're certainly right about 3/8" steel being hefty material. Because of its shape it's hard to put any kind of lever on it (like a 4' pipe) to bend it. I generally just used a BFH around 2# and hit that sucker a few times.

It's actually not the arm that hits the grill housing but the end of the rod sticking thru it. I even tried shifting the arm slightly where it bolts to the A frame with those 3 big bolts, but the holes for the bolts are pretty tight fit so it doesn't help.

what i did on my 109....1/2 inch threaded rod with clevis rod ends from mcmaster carr.....https://www.mcmaster.com/6071K32

Attachments

• IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back