• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Belt size needed.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a bolt that sticks out of the front of the tractor that when screwed in or out it adjusts the tension of the belt.

Hey, good people of this form. I have a question about what type of fuel. I should run in my cub cadet 127 with a kohler 301a engine. I have been using standard 87 octane fuel with ethanol and it seems to run good. But I'm wondering if I should use 91 ethanol free fuel?

Hey, good people of this form. I have a question about what type of fuel. I should run in my cub cadet 127 with a kohler 301a engine. I have been using standard 87 octane fuel with ethanol and it seems to run good. But I'm wondering if I should use 91 ethanol free fuel?
Any non oxygenated gas is best.

Web search this term.

who sells non-oxygenated gas near me

I have another question, did cub cadet ever make a sleeve hitch for 127? Because I would like to put my cub cadet to work.

I have another question, I have a cub cadet 127 with a hydraulic deck lift for my 48in deck. I was wondering how people determined deck hight back in the day. Because I know this isn't like a modern lawn tractor with a lever and a bunch of denets going 1234 to set deck hight. Did they just expect people to guess the hight of the deck. Or were there markings on my garden tractor originally?

I have another question, I have a cub cadet 127 with a hydraulic deck lift for my 48in deck. I was wondering how people determined deck hight back in the day. Because I know this isn't like a modern lawn tractor with a lever and a bunch of denets going 1234 to set deck hight. Did they just expect people to guess the hight of the deck. Or were there markings on my garden tractor originally?
Push the button on the lift handle and it changes in the slots on No. 8.
1723081957102.png

He said he had the hydraulic lift option Charlie.
Those parts are probably long gone and I don't know if the lift arm stop (#7) would sill be in place after the hydraulic lift install

I don't see why the lift arm stop would not still be there or work with hydraulic lift. The cylinder is set up to float by default.

The numbers on the detents on newer machines don't correlate to any physical measurement of deck height anyway. What I've always done is cut a block of wood to my desired cutting height, park the tractor on a level surface, and then adjust the lift to where the blades are touching the block of wood (and making any adjustments to the linkage to level the deck). Then, set the stop.

Matt,
At this point we just don't know, it may have been removed during the Hyd lift install.
The owner may not even know what it is or where it is or supposed to be.
Just sayin'.

On the previous page he posted pics of the tractor. It has electric lift, and the stop bracket is visible in the pics.

in terms of function & performance, i sense you’d be better off to obtain equipment designed for this purpose.

while cobbling something together *may* sorta work, it’d be time and money ahead to do it right from the beginning and simply obtain the correct tool (equipment) for the job.

those pull-behind lawn rakes come up on craigsList and fb mkt place with relative frequency.

and, turf managers indicate that simply mowing the leaves and leaving the clippings (evenly distributed, not smothering the turf) is beneficial to the soil quality and thus health of the grass - assuming the leaves aren’t overwhelmingly plentiful, which may require more frequent work for the mower to grind them.

best,
-C3 🌾🚜💨

Last edited:
ZK,You could make your own,yes. The question will be weather the deck has enough air volume to push material(grass) thru the pipe..No 1 plug issue is grass with any moisture in it,just doesn't carry well. I encourage anyone to try new ideas,that's how we prove any new system...The best I've seen is an extra blower in the pipe that works quite well..

Latest posts

Back