• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Belt size needed.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have another question, has anyone tried to put a deck washout port on a 48in deck? Because I would like to prevent any farther rust from happening to my deck.

If you are looking to prevent rust, adding the wash port is the last thing you want to do. Water and grass clippings make an acidic mixture that will rust the deck faster. The wash port won't get it 100% clean, and water will get in crevices between parts and rust it out anyway.

If you like to keep the deck from rusting out, do not mow wet grass, and periodically remove the deck and scrape off the buildup.

Don't do it!!! You will be setting your deck up for instant disaster. Follow advice--- don't mow wet grass--clean deck by removing from tractor and scrape the wet grass off that you should have not cut to begin with. No big deal to removing the deck. I use a wood (paint stir stick) to remove what stick to the deck.

Back