• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Tractor For Sale Beautiful 1450 Hydro for sale

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Mark, it does have some hidden hacks, or at least a little hard to see hacks, and they are probably holding up your sale. It should be well worth $495, and actually more, but the hacks I see put me off. I'm not a buyer at this point but wish I was. I'm really surprised Jack Casey could sell a 102 for $1800 but that's NY and if it was nice and equipped correctly it may have been worth it.
I do agree with his comments about presentation and my suggestion is you do some work on it and then relist for $695.
Here's what I see:
The seat doesn't present well. I'd change to something else.
There's something wrong with the mule drive assembly. You've got a dozen washers on the adjustment lever. They need to be removed and repair what ever is wrong with the assembly.
I see some type of J bolt with double nuts holding the hood to the front upper grill housing (on the side I can see in the pic). It's supposed to be a T bolt. Find an original and fix it correctly.
The hydraulic lift lever is angled way out of the correct position. It should be fully vertical. Loosen the clamp under the dash and adjust to the correct position.
Clean the paint off the tires.
When these things are done take pics with the side panels installed and put the price back to $695. I think it should sell if it's still August.
Wrong! The hydro lift lever is a single piece that extends from one side to the other. There is no bracket that will adjust the angle. If the angle is wrong the lever is bent.

Wrong! The hydro lift lever is a single piece that extends from one side to the other. There is no bracket that will adjust the angle. If the angle is wrong the lever is bent.

Wrong. There are two styles: earlier in which the bellcrank that actuates the valve is connected to the handle with a roll pin, and a later one that clamps on. Since it is not vertical in the neutral position and presumably still functions, it is likely the later style, and the clamp has slipped on the handle.

Decent tractor and fair price. Honestly this forum is not a great place to sell things. Everyone wants a deal or to complain about things, as evidenced by replies here. List on CL or FB marketplace to get it sold.

Oh Myyyy!!!
This looks like a FB post with all the negative comments!
If you don't like it, move along and keep negative comments to yourself or FB!!
One more negative comment and all post but the sellers will be removed!

That kinda stuff ain't gonna fly here boys and girls! Just sayin!
Charlie - you're right. I really only began posting because Mark mentioned he appreciated the feedback. Please go ahead and remove my posts (since I can't seem to do it). I really agree with Matt G about this site not being the best place to sell units. Maybe accessories or attachments but most units are probably better sold locally than nationally.

I agree with Matt G. There are 2 styles and this 1450 is likely the later style with the clamp. It also has 1" front spindles and it has the later style steering wheel with the silver triangular IH emblem - all features of a later production unit.

I'd still buy it in a skinny minute as-is, hacks or not. Just wish it was closer to SC. I'd go get it for sure!

Charlie - you're right. I really only began posting because Mark mentioned he appreciated the feedback. Please go ahead and remove my posts (since I can't seem to do it). I really agree with Matt G about this site not being the best place to sell units. Maybe accessories or attachments but most units are probably better sold locally than nationally.
I agree with Matt and Harry, list members know that IH made 33,000 Cubs so they're out there. Members are tight-fisted (did not say cheap), no offense, and will get the best deal, perhaps cobble together a bunch of tractors to make a perfect one. Do not bother with ebay or facebook, only use Craigslist with good success. Be patient, you are selling into a small market.
Cheers, Jack

Do not bother with ebay or facebook, only use Craigslist with good success. Be patient, you are selling into a small market.

My experience at least has been the opposite lately- Craigslist is nearly dead. I haven't sold anything on there in years. FB marketplace is the way to go in 2024. Much wider reach, and for better or worse, will basically get it shoved in front of eyes that want to see it.

My experience at least has been the opposite lately- Craigslist is nearly dead. I haven't sold anything on there in years. FB marketplace is the way to go in 2024. Much wider reach, and for better or worse, will basically get it shoved in front of eyes that want to see it.
But you're in Kansas, no offense. I may be a bit dogmatic - perhaps it's a regional thing but I'm in downstate NY, Nyack, by the river. FB gets bad reviews here, scam-ridden. Never sold anything on ebay. For years commit to Craigs for everything; sold my CC102 for $1800 with two looker/dreamers and three buyers.
Jack

I disagree. Let him try to sell it on this site. You never know who may be truly interested. JMO.
BTW, around here FB marketplace is indeed scam-ridden, so I'd be very careful.

If I was trying to sell something, I'd have it listed in multiple places. The audience here is VERY narrow. Perhaps there are more people lurking, but there are ~25 or less relatively active members here based on the same few names I see posting all the time. FB marketplace is somewhat scam-ridden, but so is/was craigslist. For FB marketplace, this is a near non-issue for sellers though. Most of the scams are people "selling" things that are stolen or with no intent to deliver.

Only accept cash on pickup, and ignore any potential buyers with a sketchy profile (no/few friends, newly created, etc). Just be prepared for 98% of replies to be "Is this still available?" and then crickets when you respond.

I haven't sold anything on ebay in years, and I heard the selling fees have gotten nuts, but I sold a lot of tractors on there 15-20 years ago and got decent money for them.

FB and CL both suck around here.
Do a search for Cub Cadet and see what you come up with!
Literally, dozens upon dozens of stuff/items/junk that have nothing whatsoever to do with your search criteria.

Runs well. New seat and battery. Side panels included.

Call me directly @ 513-476-2067 (southwest Ohio) View attachment 156632View attachment 156633View attachment 156634View attachment 156631nels included (not shown)View attachment 156630
Hello Mark. Since you may be removing this soon, I am taking note of your phone number. I am going to see if I can find out what it would cost to ship that mower to me here in Greenville, SC. If it is not cost prohibitive, I may try to do business with you. Thanks again for posting this even though you've gotten some negative comments that I don't necessarily agree with. You have a good machine for a roughly 50-year old and priced very reasonably. Thanks, Randy M.

A bit late Randy---I just bought it.
It now resides in TN
IMG_8650.jpeg

“rocky top will newly be
home sweet home to me.
good old cub cadet
heckuva good machine.”

Last edited:
It now resides in TN
Glad you got it. Let us know how it is and what you end up doing with it. I did say it was a fair price at $495 and worth more than that in parts. Hopefully you keep it together.

It now resides in TN
Well, congratulations! I think you got a great deal and sorry I dragged my feet on this one. I've just been checking with some freight shippers and, given the price, was just about ready to pull the trigger! I know you'll enjoy this one if it's anything at all like the pics indicate and from the descriptions, and I think he was honest in both. Sorry I missed it. I don't need it but I just wanted it, you know? Enjoy.

Never saw such a stir over one little Cub.
Going to be a winter restore project then give to my grandson in Asheville ,NC for his use for the next 40/50 years.
One little Cub!!!!
1450 has got to be one of the best ones. I believe I said before if I was in the market I would have snagged it myself, even though there were some hacks that bothered me, which I detailed. Hopefully you'll post some info about your restoration. 40-50 more years means it's gonna have to be done nicely.

Never saw such a stir over one little Cub.
Going to be a winter restore project then give to my grandson in Asheville ,NC for his use for the next 40/50 years.
Yep. I agree. Nothing but drama here. Make sure you do the restoration right or you might get arrested by the Cub Cadet Police. Haha 😂

Latest posts

Back