• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through September 07, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Earl F -

I "Think" Marty's are 23x8.5-12

308904.jpg

But "generally" speaking from my own experience if your original factory tire size is 23x8.5-12 you quite possibly have a 7" wide Rim.....

If the tire size is 23x10.5-12 most likely rim is 8.5" wide

This is not a set in stone fact just what I've experienced!
thumbsup.gif

As I'm sure you well know if your rim is Actually 8.5" wide the 8.5 or 10.5 Tru-powers will work!!!! Marty's setup is a sight of Beauty, No doubt about that!

If you really want the 10.5's though, and your mention of cost difference is deciding factor, heck they are what, only like $20 difference?
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 107
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 105
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 106
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 107
  • 308904.jpg
    308904.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 308904.jpg
    308904.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 104
David S.
I assumed you were talking about the steering wheel.
If you weren't, and you were referring to the hydro handle.
The answer would still be the same, just the opposite direction, using the correct size 3 side file, after a small buildup of 2 part epoxy in the grooves.

If none of my assumptions are in line with what your trying to accomplish. More information would be needed, on my part anyway.

Charlie, I believe David is referring to the broken steering wheel hub...
dunno.gif

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 111
Charlie, was referring to the busted hub. We are in the same book, just on different pages here is all!
Haven't messed w/the hydro handle, (yet).
No need to as it is free and all the linkage works smoothly. Got lucky there!

Just need to address the binding steering issue is all for now and then the electric lift. Gonna get it up on all fours and driveable for now so I can get it into storage easily.

I think I will tackle the 104 that's in the shop now for the project this winter.

Jason W. You are right, looks like 8.5 wide tires to me as well. Its not so much as I would not spend the $$ on the 10.5, but I have 3 sets of 8.5 wide wheels sitting, and I don't want to buy more, just use what I got. I have to get 2 rigs set up for snow duty, #1-1450 going to dad and I'm not sure if I'll use 100, 1200, or 782 yet. Both would have blades as my winter project is the qa42a. However searching on Miller tire, I might pull together for a set of 23-8.5-12 Carlisle tru powers, AND a couple sets of v-61. 1200's cut front tire is finally starting to leak, and I have an extra set from super axle swap.
We'll have to see what bills come up first.

coffee.gif

Attachments

• coffee.gif
    coffee.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 105
David S.-

If you plan to use that electric lift a lot I'd start looking for a spring assist if it isn't already installed. This is one place where they can be a big help (thus, assist).

I think that big "helical?" gear was about $98 last I looked. I sent Charlie a complete lift a couple of years ago and the repair cost was very reasonable IIRC. If yours needs repair that may be something to consider.

Earl -

Man you really had me
drool.gif
'ing with all the talk about your 3 sets of 8.5" Rims, the 100, 1200, 782, 1450, qa42a blower, super axle swap, 2 sets of V61's, and 8.5" tru powers then you ended it all up with "bills"
bottom.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 103
  • drool.gif
    drool.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 107
Jason - I think Earl mention he has 3 sets of wheels for 8.5 wide tires (I'd guess the wheels are 7" wide not 8.5").

Earl - I think you'd find you actually get better traction with the 8.5" wide turf tires with chains. The 8.5" wide keeps the weight more centered for better traction. The 10.5 wide spreads it out. Lot'a past discussions on here that Ags with chains just don't work as well as turfs with chains. I'm guessing your 100 and your 1200 have the 8.5" wide tires. I'd target these for snow work. Then you can get the 10.5" Ags for the 782 which almost certainly has the correct wheels for them.

Back