• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through October 30, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have a question about this blade/plow for you east coasters!
The mount is like the one I have, but I've never seen another one like this until now.
What is the mount really made for?
I was told they were SGT's and then told they were not!
22594.jpg

22595.jpg

Wyatt -

Wish I could, but I'm gonna be holed up in some mall (the only?) in Sterling, IL. Doubt I'll get a chance to leave. Plus it's spendy to feed Julie's supercharger
wink.gif

Charlie -

That bracket is just like the one that was on the 42" blade that I picked up from Madson's a few years ago. He said it was off a 17xx or 18xx, I don't remember the exact model...

Charlie,

That style subframe shows up in my 1864 literature...I was just looking at it last night and noticed the difference in the front hanger....funny you brought it up today!!!

Wyatt,

Travis and I are going to swap some CC stuff around on Sat. at the show....mom & dad will be there all weekend in the same old place (main gym).

Richard,

Thanks!!!!

Can't comment on the arm rests.....I've only owned it for about 3 days, and have only run it for about 10 min. total.......I'm going to play with the hyd. angle blade tonight
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Cool! That means that they did somethin good after 1981, grin
I know one thing, it's a lot stronger than the normal mount, and I really like that slotted lift rod bracket too. THANKS GUYS
22603.jpg

Can anyone explain or post a pic of the grote light that is on a Orig Cub Cadet.

Tim

Tim G. -

What exactly do you want to know? They're not produced anymore, that's for sure.

The closest thing they make now (and it's quite passable) is the following 4" diameter taillight: http://www.grote.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?product_number=50892

Bolts right on to the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> taillight bracket.

Richard,
I have the are rests on my 1600. I think they are the best thing since sliced bread! They fold down when not in use. The seat is special to the arm rests because of the mounting holes in the back of the seat. Can you even get those anymore???

Charlie, That thing looks wicked!
happy.gif
Did you just get it?
Speakng of the 70's.
I liked 1976 !
Kind of appropriate for today!

John L,
Yepper it just came today!
Here's a pic of the one Bryan has,
22609.jpg

Oh yea, Tedd broke it while he was playin with it, grin

But I did help fix it. I made a new cam slot (or what ever the "propper" name is) and I bet it will last a long time.

Maybe a cross head would be a better name....

(Message edited by till on November 02, 2004)

Jason C.-

I forgot what that thing is called, but you can get it from your CC dealer, should be less that $10.

Dave K2.-

Since when do you have a 108? I thought you had a 109!?

Has anyone had any experience or know anything about the Kohler 301 engine that has been recertified?

Hi!

I need some help on apparent differences in wideframe deck carriages. My 1250 and 108 each have a carriage that appears to curve down slightly as it gets to the ends that attach to the 44 inch deck quick release arms, and also there is a sort of a dogleg in the left carriage arm, where it widens out then comes back in, about where the deck eyebolts would slip over the attaching arms.

I keep seeing "wideframe" carriages (not for x82 or xx82 series) that do not have the dogleg on the left frame arm, and appear to be straight (instead of curving down) from the midsection curve to the quick-release end.

Any thoughts- are the straight ended ones without dogleg compatible with my 108 and 1250?

Wandering around the prairies of central Montana this weekend I happened upon this pretty nice 128 and it ended up following me home.

<center>
22614.jpg

22615.jpg

22616.jpg

22617.jpg
</center>

Digger,
Kohler. Heard from a CC Dealer that Kohler had the 301 recertified to meet EPA standards for small engines. Said it was the only one of the early CC engines that they redid.

Latest posts

Back