• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 26, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob F. I took a quick look at my blade today and the rod on mine is also welded in place. the first measurement at the front was 3 1/8" the second measurment was the height of the fork at rear and that was 5 1/2" I also had 7" on the lenght of the forks after they angle up.

Hope this helps and if theses are not what you wanted or dont help you can come out to my place as I am only 15 minutes out of rockford. jeff

Ray,
There are a few very subtle differences here if I can remember this correctly. (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) I believe the upper metal dash is welded on the 72 and bolted on the 73. Just the opposite, I believe the pto handle bracket on the dash tower is bolted onto the 72 and welded onto the 73. Front grill headlight block-out is solid black on the 73 and black/gray stripes on the 72. Maybe that will help.

I've actually had several tractors here with the original 7hp motors... but just as many with 8hp replacements too.

Dennis F. The Employee Disocunt program was just between IH/Cub Cadet division and the Sunstrand employees from what I was told. I do remember hearing of a very lucrative John Deere Employee Discount program that ended either last year or two years ago. That was the reason that the Dubuque and Waterloo lawn and garden dealers always had just over two year old equipment for sale. Use it for two years and then trade it for a new one.

Allen S. Fancy's Kitty Carhart doesn't have any pockets. He figures that he'll borrow mine.
217094.gif

Off to work. Everyone have a wonderful day. It is almost like a spring morning outside. Weather is supposed to turn soon.

Matt G.-

If you're out there in the cybercub world I have a question about the tank treatment with muriatic acid. How long does the 50/50 mixture stay viable or good? I have a 2 1/2 gal jug I keep mine in. It's a year old now and I've cleaned a few tanks but was wondering about the shelf life. I figured you would know as well as anyone (but all input is welcome).

TIA......Wayne

Wayne-

I'd say it should be good until it gets too dirty to use. As long as it's in a sealed plastic container it should have an indefinite shelf life.

Also make sure you don't store it next to anything metal that you care about.

Cyber-Monday-Special....

"FREE Autolite 216 Sparkplug with every order TODAY!"

We should all place an order today. It would be interesting to see who gets a spankin-new Autolite and who gets a grubby-oily stump of a spark-plug in their box.

biggrin.gif

Wayne M., WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

Terry B., cute!
happy.gif
How did the loader training go?

Art,
lol.gif
I have a feeling you'd get the grubby oily one.

Latest posts

Back