• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 01, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK everyone who has assisted in the axle pin removal,Thanks I went and watched my great grand daugther play basketball. They won"" I have another 122 for parts I'll be trying to free up that axle Will try cutting the pin as a last resort. Wonder what other parts are froze up. I will let you fellows know what happens. yes the pin does not have a grease fiting but will have one when I repair it.Ron

Michael Smith
well I believe Charlie told me that the bracket from a quiet line was a much stronger . Took me forever to find what I think he meant .
215622.jpg

I`am not sure if this is it, Charlie ?

Paul B - did the really early units not have a grease fitting on the axle for this pin? I don't recall what unit I got the pin from in the pic I posted but it didn't have the groved area for grease. Another question for you, specific for 70/100 units. I have a headlight assembly off a 100 and it has 3 retaining rings for each headlight bulb. The parts list shows this version and a 2 ring version, and notes the front ring of the 3 ring version is NLA. Was the 3 ring version used throughout production? Or was the 2 ring version introduced during production, or was it a change added after production? Just trying to find out what I have.

Michael S - I see Donald T posted a pic but I believe you need a few more parts to make the upgrade. As I recall IH changed the lift handle linkage some point in the Quiet Line series and then made it available in a kit to upgrade the xx9 series. Maybe Charlie can fill in the details.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(and sometimes their axles just don't give)

Don T.
Yepper that's it.
That's actually for the Quietline series, but it's also an upgrade for wide frames.

Harry Bursell
My 149 lift will work but the hole is bigger in the bracket were the pin goes in.I will get that from Charlie and bend the end so it will work.I think there must have been more to the kit to repair my 149 , but I can make that part work.My lever has a lot of play now.
old.gif

Donald T - I swear there are a couple more things necessary to make that bracket work. I'll have to see if the upgrade is listed/shown in the parts book.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(and IH did make some parts updates)

Harry Bursell

I`am sure there is another bracket to the two from the lift controller.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Now Off to town to get some more resperators. I did get some prime on my 450 blower this am.
215628.jpg

I think I should put some paint on the sub frame next .
old.gif

Donald T - there is a nut and bolt to be added, and a bushing with a retaining ring. You don't need to change the hole in your lift handle. Hopefully Kraig or someone else can provide a really good close up pic.

Kraig - Keeper of the Photos - do you have pics of this lift handle lever bracket back dated to a 149? Or do you have pics of it on the Quiet Line series. They need to be really close up so you can see how it attaches, and especially see the nut and bolt that holds that bracket/lever on the lift handle.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die
(especially if they are kept current)

Harry,
The 3 ring version was used on the 70/100 initially, but the 2 ring version can be found on the later versions, so I assume it was a production change. Nothing I have list a S/N break for a change. I have seen more of the 2 ring versions than the 3 ring, but it is not uncommon to find both.

The axle pin grease zerk came about after the 70/100 and first shows up with the 71/1x2/3 in the parts manual copies I have, but if it was not greased on a regular basis, it didn't do much good. It would appear it was added in response to a problem that developed with the pin in the 70/100.

Harry Bursell
Hope this helps with the attach point for the lift control lever. The pin is broken here .
board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back