• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 18, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After looking at both the shot from underneath and at the rear it is hard to tell how it is attached. I will get a more detailed shot if you are interested. probably won't happen till tomorrow though.

Is that a pintel (sp) hook at the top of the rearend?

It looks like there is a plate that bolts over the rear cover that is part of the subframe.

John, the rear hangers for the mower deck attach to the rockshaft lifting tabs. After a second look it appears that the lift rockshaft is still there but the lifting tab(s) may have been removed. Here's what the underside should look like with the lift rockshaft, the right (as you sit on the tractor) lifting tab is circled (ovaled if you wish).
18908.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 19, 2004)

Here's another photo from the underside of a 127.

18910.jpg

(Message edited by kmcconaughey on May 19, 2004)

Great photo. Thanks loads Kraig. You must have a computer job to be so alacritous with your postings. I will have go over some pics of the mower deck to get a picture in my mind if how they would attach. This forum is great for that. Would a manual for this thing give me all this info?

John, not tot worry, there are plenty of narrow frame parts tractors around. The lift handle might interfere with the hydraulic assembly though.

Could my cub be another model that had the hood switched? I notice that the undercairrage is different and the filter placement is different. Even the serial # is out of the range of the list provided on the parent site. Please disregard my earlier post. Your quick response negated it.

John, the B&W photo is actually a gear drive rather than a hydrostatic, in my rush to find a photo I goofed. :eek:)

The tractor SN is likely buried behind that blade subframe on the left side of the rear end. The SN you posted is the Kohler SN not the tractor SN.

Kraig,most of that blade is from a Gilson/Lawn-Boy/Ford tractor. Those front cylinders etc and the hyd. unit are not familiar to me.

John S,
I dunno what it is either but I LIKE IT! Looks like it's built hell for stout!
BTW John, is your muffler a flopper? One pic it's up and another pic it's down.
And you shut up Art!

Thanks Jim.
Yup Digger it's a flopper. I saw in the archives that someone had run it across the motor behind the front grill. Is this the "Pepper style" muffler? I can't figure out where the bracket would bolt to. I thought that was an add-on also. I've had a hard time getting it to stay put. I've had to re-screw the pipe entering the head a couple of times. The blade is stout. Aside from leveling my rutted roads and moving dirt in the garden it plowed me out of 2 1/2 feet of heavy spring snow here in NW Nebraska.
I just recieved an email from a fellow who claims to know about the "Dynaplow" series. He said he has trouble with posting here so I will post to the forum for him. It sounds just like what I have.

I can tell you what you have. (for some reason I have never been able to get a post on the cadet site) In 1972 a company in North Chicago was building a tractor blade combo with a vibratory plow attachment on the rear. A vibratory plow is used to lay single lines, like electricity, etc. It could go about 10-12" deep. The vibratory plow attached to the rear of the tractor and then you lowered the plow and turned on the hydraulics flow to the vibrator to make the plow enter the ground. The problem was that the cadet was so,light that the plow would become stable in the ground and the tractor would do the vibrating, literally shaking it to pieces. They came to us at New Holland because we had just introduced a very heavy frame tractor in comparison to the light cadet. They bought about 50 tractors from us, and they did work fairly well, but then they went out of business. The electric line to my tractor shed was laid with a dyna-plow.
You have an interesting unit, too bad you do not have the plow.

Keith

(Message edited by jshafer on May 19, 2004)

Cool! So you DO run it up and under. I'll get on that when I get ther rebuild done. Thanks

Latest posts

Back