• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 17, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the IH partnumbers for tire chains for 23x10.5x12 and 23x8.5x12 tires? Will the IH chains for 8.5" tires fit the 10.5" tires? They seem wide enough.

From a 1981 Parts and Accessories Catalog:

89896.jpg

Kraig-

Interesting how that's from a 1981 catalog, and yet the tractor in the picture appears to be a 70/100...

My neighbor has a 1961 Cub that we are going to re-build the transmission on. Is there anywhere I could get a copy of a parts explosion/diagram? I really don’t want to buy a manual since I play with a different color tractor.

Mike G- Don't know if it'll help, but the parts look up above has two. One for the case, and one for the moving parts. Enter Cub Cadet in the search.

Matt, that same photo is used in the 1968 P&A catalog. The photo in the 1967 P&A catalog (bottom photo) is different.

89898.jpg

89899.jpg

I need some advice on a CC 782. The orginal 17 hp kohler sII crapped out on me. Broken cam, crank, rod, block.... I was told the 18 hp kohlers are a drop in replacement. Is this correct? I was also thinking about an 18-20 honda. Dont know if I'll get thrown off hear for thinking that (lol) but I use this tractor not for show only. Either way it is going to cost me. Any help would be great. Need to get fixed wife hates the craftsman I borrowed. ( Can't blame her it is a pos)

Joe C.-

M18 more or less drops in, you need a $5 relay and a couple pieces of wire to make the wiring work out.

The hydraulic lift on my 149 will only stay up for about 15 seconds. Will rebuilding the control valve help this or would it be the cylinder? Thanks

Thank you Kraig, This is turning out to be a very enjoyable project. I have never worked on any machinery before and this website and the people on it have truly made it easy. I am already starting to get comments from friends of how far along the project is coming. I hope to post pictures soon...again Thank you to all that have helped...

Man, I had one GREAT weekend. Went to the Sycamore Show and meet up with some old friends and some new ones too! Got a chance to meet Dave Kirk and his buddy, great guy to talk to. Sorry I couldn't talk more to you Dave, I was needed at the IH tent.

Also meet up with Mike "M", Brad "D", "Trigger", Chris "E" AKA Bubba, Todd Hall, and other Cub Cadet guys. Sorry if I'm missing someone here, but when it Sycamore time, I'm in the "Tractor Zone"!

While I was there I saw my 1934 FAIRWAY 12 ser# 838 noted to be the oldest Fairway 12 in existance according to the RED POWER Magizine. I kinda' miss that ol' girl.

Had the chance to drive a International 1917 AUTO WAGON. Boy that thing is kick ass cool. It has a two cyclined opposed engine.

One of the most interesting things I did over weekend was to meet up with the guy who sold me 590. It's got to be close to 8-10 years since I made that purchase, and Rob is now married. I remember when Rob sold that tractor to me, he was saving up the $$ to buy his first car. I had a chance to ask him what he paid for the 590 CCO and he told me he paid $250 for it at the Freeport, Illinois show. Damn, I was there too and didn't notice the serial # but at that time most of us didn't even think of low serial #'s. As I recall I paid about $700 for it. But it sure didn't go for that!! :cool:

Great weekend - Great friends, That's what this hobby is all about. When the fun is gone out of it, so will I.

Pix to follow..........................

Good evening to all! Slightly off topic, but I got my brother in-laws 1810 up and running like a top. I got a new set of blades for the 50C deck. I cant believe the power of that twin(this is my 1st time on a twin cub). The 50C deck didnt phase that twin a bit...guess I need to get my 682 w/50 deck up and going.

Ohh yea these hydro's are growing on me

I guess one of them diesel cubs would just blow my mind!

From the "Gee, I didn't notice that until the paint went on" department.....
pedestal...
89913.jpg

Other side...
89914.jpg

Time to get the welder out...

Tom H...
Too big?

Tom, you are making me homesick. Had an F-20 that I showed there since I can remember. First G'pa, then Dad, then me. Sold it to move to CA, then came back 'cept now in IA. Thanks for the pic.

Nate - On the AL tranny, the bolts are dipped in sealant to prevent leaks. If they didn't put a good coating of something on the bolts, that could be the reason. COULD be the heli-coil, but I am inclined to go for bolts first. Pull the wheel off, and tilt the tractor up. Threads & bolt need to be clean & dry to get a good seal.

Curt S-thanks for the info

I'm from Mid Michigan and there is a Steam and tractor show next weekend in Blanchard Mi. Always lots of CC's there, any one else on here plan on going?

Latest posts

Back