• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 24, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought since I'd been posting about my gardening experiences with my Cub I'd take some pics. I have a few kinks to work out but I can say that working a garden with the Cub is much more fun than the way I've been doing it with the walk-behind tiller. I have tilled it up and then rowed it up with a hipper I made using my cultivator frame. We planted about half of it last night. Finish it up today.
83074.jpg

83075.jpg

83076.jpg

My youngest is only 9 mos. but my oldest loved putting the seed in the ground. Makes it that much more fun.
83077.jpg

i have the napa/martin senour paint codes if anybody wants them??
drool.gif

JIM T. - Back when Hank Will was still writing the "Yellow & White Column" for REDPOWER Magazine, been 3-4 yrs ago My Dad had pic's of plowing His garden with His 129 & tiller and instead of the depth stake He bolted on a large cultivator shovel to make the furrow to plant His potatos & sweet corn. MINIMUM Till at it's Best....On a Cub Cadet. For those who take farming a quarter acre as seriously as farming 2500 acres!
ihrotate.gif

Hi Y'all, I haven't been here for a while so I thought I would update. Recently I Had a 102 cub cadet come home with me. I have intended to resell or part out,wellll, I wound up rebuilding the engine, so now the little guy sits outside with the "offtopic" cause the 127 and the LT 2138 are jealous and won't let him in the shed.I'm afraid I might be "infected", I suppose he probably has some relatives that may try to sneak in the yard, but I'm hoping I'll find a cure before bankruptcy!! Meantime I go out and start him up and go for a drive while the wife shakes her head and worries that I may have an "addiction"!
yikes.gif

The hipper worked perfectly. I bought two row marker discs at a local farm supply store and attached them to a couple of shanks. Good to go. In the past I just rowed it up with a furrow attached to my walk-behind tiller. My cub with hipper throws up a much nicer taller row.

Art,
I'm here but I don't have the info with me at the moment. I'll try to post it on Sunday. Dad and I are heading to PA plow day after I get off work today.

Of course someone could always call up Red Power and order the last issue along with a subscription.......
biggrin.gif

Sorry, had to play salesman there LOL!

Red Power Magazine

On the Brinly paint color, my question is which IH white? I always thought the brinly stuff was a little more white than IH 901 or 902 say, more of a slightly off white.

im rebuilding a k301 do i need to put the balance gears in or can i leave them out,without doing any work to the crank,jared

As Charlie already posted, Brinly used Wimbledon White.

Jared, Matt G. answered your query on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 05:59 am:

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Jared C.-

You don't want those balance gears in there anyway, they would probably eventually come out the side of the block if you leave them in. There is little if any difference in terms of vibration.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Under edit: And he answered again just below.
coffee.gif

Not to stir the pot, but I disagree with the thought that Brinly used Wimbledon White on their stuff. I've painted a plow with Wimbledon White and to me it seemed WAY too bright. Shorty after that I saw some NOS Brinly parts at a friend's place and would have pegged it for an exact match to the white paint on my 1450. I'm sure these paints may have faded over time, and who knows, Brinly could have switched shades of white at some point, but I prefer <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> white on my Brinly stuff. Wimbledon White is just too bright for me.

Again not trying to stir the pot......but based on my experience I think Brinly used a shade closer to <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> white.
whistling.gif

Chef Art, come on you know you like to stir the pot!
lol.gif

Where's Robb K. when ya need him? Well we don't need him but he might have some insight.
coffee.gif

Pass the pot ...
baldguy.gif

I don't play tennis so I don't know what shade Wimbledon White is ...

I would prefer the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> shade myself to keep the color theme going if for no other reason , plus bright white kills my eyes in the sun
biggrin.gif

Just mowed the front yard with the 50C , even with ground off blades it cuts better than anyother deck here. It was a pain to put back on the cub though ... and the belt tensioner snapped my finger 3 times !

Art,
I hate to bust your bubble, But I just got off the phone with Bruce from Brinly-Hardy, He's been with them for 40+ years and he confirms that Wimbledon White was used for a time on the early Brinly stuff we all know and use.
beerchug.gif

Isn't Whimbledon White Ferd paint? My "Y" adapter came in an all-too familiar brown patina! Looks homely on the back of "Spot."

I painted my Brinly adapter IH White from Van Sickle. Don't really care if it's not the "correct" shade or not.

Craig C. is correct. My '66 F250 is the factory color, Wimbleton White. It is a close match to the later CC white, BTW.

With all this brinly color discussion I did some digging. Wimbledon white was used on ferd vehicles from 1964-1989. The NAPA Martin-Senour # for acrylic enamel is 53A-1528. I compared the chip to IH 901 white and it is close, but a little lghter than 901. Ferd used the same color under the names arctic white and polar white as well.

Latest posts

Back