• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through April 16, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keith O.
I'm not sure blessed is the right word!!!!
I'm leaning more towards, TOUCHED! LOL
That pic was taken in July and he's still got Santa and the freakin snowman in the front yard.
biggrin.gif

Charlie, speaking of July, isnt that the time you switch from snow blade to mower deck
err.gif

Quick questions: Did IH make wheel weights for the inside of the wheels - both front and rear? I'm thinking about weight on the inside of the wheels and hub caps on the outside.

Also - what is the weight of hytran, i.e. 90w? I'm thinking about using it in another color tractor's gear drive tranny.

Yes, IH made weights for the inside of the Farmall Cub front wheels. The Cub front weights are what is used on the Cub Cadet rear wheels. The inside weights are two piece and about the same weight as the one piece weight........but you probably don't want to buy or pay for a set of them if you can find them. They are pricey.

Hy-Tran uses 10 weight oil as its base.

Will the IH wheel weights fit on the inside of the wheels on a Cub Cadet with external rear brakes??
happy.gif

I may have to put the 1250 Nightmare into sandbag service. What is the length of the Carriage Bolt used to secure a wheel weight to the real wheel? I am pretty sure it is a 1/2", but is that correct?

Brian Wittman

I bought a few lengths of threaded rod instead of carriage bolts. I like to add thread locker on the inside nuts to keep them tight. this make it real easy to add the weights because the threaded rods stays in place.

Frank - if you internal breaks on your cub you can put weights on the inside of the rear wheels . can`t be done if you have external breaks like a 129/ 149.

Back