• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

2072 hydro relief valve fell apart installed/need advice please

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Moody

1st and foremost,I’m not here to throw anyone under the bus,life happens so it is what it is.I had a relief valve leaking on the 2072 and did the eBay thing to mail them both in for a rebuild,the turnaround was really quick,I got them back today and reinstalled and topped off the fluids and fired it up,I noticed quick I had reverse but hardly any forward movement,,then all hell broke lose and fluid was shooting out of the right side relief valve at least 3ft it went everywhere before I got it shut down.so after a nice hydro fluid shower on everything around the shop I pulled the right valve back out and the end was completely missing including the small shaft,spring and ball bearing,,I was able to fish out the small shaft and spring but the ball bearing and the end of the valve is somewhere still inside the hydro unit and I cant see it using a flash light..so my ?? Is,,what should I do to find those missing parts?Im afrade the whole hydro is gonna need to be removed and disassemble.I’m gonna pull the diff cover tomorrow and see if they might have worked there way down there but it’s doubtful.So I’ve got a real good mess on my hands thinking what would be a simple fix I could handle.I don’t really have the knowledge on taking the hydro apart not to mention getting all the control levers hooked back up properly,any advice would be appreciated Thank You all Greg

I'd try one of those magnet-on-a-stick things to get the rest of the pieces out. They should not be able to migrate far, and certainly would not have ended up in the transaxle.

Relief valve update,Timarca contacted me this morning and is sending a new valve and a small pin magnet to clear the old out.I was super releaved to hear it was not a big deal,it does happen but very sedom.Thank you Mark for your advice and the quick turn around on the valves👍

Latest posts

Back